For the past month I’ve been having pretty bad ear infection and I got to the doctors’ just last week. He immediately prescribed me both Augmentin and Zithromax and the infection did subside a little, but I still constantly hear like water swooshing sound in my left ear even though I have only two more days of pills left to take.

I don’t think the infection is completely gone despite Augmentin and Zithromax and I’m not sure what should I do next. Any advice is much appreciated!

Hi Guest,

Continue taking the pills as prescribed.

It can take some time for the symptoms to clear up even after you've finished the medications.  It doesn't mean anything is wrong.  

Give it time for your body to recover.  The antibiotics kill the bacteria but your body still needs time to heal.

Good luck.

Thanks for your reply! I'll definitely continue until I finish all my antibiotics, but this constant sound I'm hearing is really irritating. I still have some pain, as well. I'm not sure if it's possible that infection caused some puss or something similar to get stuck in my ear and would perhaps going back to doctors' to clean my ear help it to heal up quicker?

With an inner ear infection it's up to the antibiotics. Cleaning the outside of the ear won't help.