I am wondering if anyone out there can relate to having poor circulation. I used to just turn purple in the legs and feet when standing for long periods of time. Now when I'm just sitting my feet turn purple. The worst part is that now I have white spots especially around my knees and now on my arms all the time. If I rub them, it will dissapate for a few seconds, but just comes right back. I use self tanner to try to help, but it still shows through. I have started taking cayenne and ginko. It's horrible. I am naturally very thin and tall and absolutely feel like I can' show any parts of my body. Would love to talk to anyone. Thanks.

I'm having this same problem for three years now. When I went to see my doctor for the first time to check what is my problem, my circulation test came out fine. 

But I didn't have this problem with pimples. But I believe that I do know what do you refer. I believe that this is a skin disorder, not blood circulation problem. 

This is usually harmless and these white spots are usually a result of the sun exposure. I think that this has nothing to do with your circulation.

But of course, just to be sure, visit your doctor. 

I've had that same problem for a couple of years now. I am 15 years old, and I know it's poor circulation. My lower legs turn purple or red and get small pale blotches on them when sitting or standing for long periods of time, like yours used to. My lower legs and fingers often feel swollen, like blood is pooling there and has trouble getting back to the heart. I also get a pimply rash all over my legs that sometimes subsides but is usually persistent. I don't know if that can really be associated with poor circulation, though. My hands and feet fall asleep very easily, and every now and then I get a charlie horse or a leg twitch in the middle of the night, symptoms commonly tied to poor circulation. Right now the condition isn't horrible but definitely embarrassing, and I have a feeling it could get worse if I don't do something about it! I have found that exercising and rubbing my legs helps them return to the normal color, almost like I've helped the blood flow a little, but as you said it comes right back. As far as diet and supplements go, my mom and I have done extensive research. We're talking hundreds of hours of internet research and discussions usually lasting into the wee hours of the morning. Over the years we have found that an anti-inflammatory diet has dramatically helped just about everything! (additional information available upon request). Back to blood though. I have started taking magnesium supplements as it is said to aid in blood flow. Also, I am trying various ginger products; tea, root, powder, pickled ginger, etc. I've heard many good things about ginger. As for cayenne... I tried it a couple of months ago and it upset my stomach to the point where I could barely move. It also broke my face out which was formerly clear as a result of the anti-inflammatory diet. Do some research on niacin. Right now, I'm a little skeptical about it, but it's not too bad of an idea. I sincerely hope some of this information helps!

I have been pale most of my life. My lips, eye lining, tongue, and my  color of skin are very pale. I used to get bologne legs coming out of cold water when I was young. My lips are literally the same color as the rest of the skin on my face which is off white.  I itch on my face, neck, legs off and on daily. I get dots from scratching like tiny pimples across my forehead (4-5 at any given time), or different parts of my face neck at times, legs, and bigger pimples (not from bites) on my arms that come and go.  My healing is poor. My scabs take a long long time to heal.  I get needles in my legs occasionally.  I live a sedate life.  My work involves me sitting down much of the day in front of a computer or a meeting or two as a manager.   I don't eat cheese and avoid milk the majority of the time because of lung and gall bladder issues.  I am allergic to a lot of detergents, certain types of mascara as well as cats which make my eyes worse.  The whites of my eyes easily become blood-shot by the end of the day.  The funny part is, my hands are always always hot, fever-like the majority of time except in the morning after sleep. I don't get out in the sun much even though I live in California.  Most of the time I am working indoors or in my home when not commuting or doing eerands.  I am overweight and tall - 5 ft 10 inches , female, 49, 235 lbs.  I had some joint pain until I began Vit D. I don't ever drink caffeine and therefore I never get headaches unless I've slept poorly or come down on rare occasion with sinusitis.  The lip color is embarassing and makes me look older.  I wear lipstick that is long-wear (12hr) so that it looks like I have color to my lips.  My motivation is not the best.  I am rather passive in approaches to things.    I feel good most of the time when I take daily  multi-vitamin, calcium, Co Q 10, brain prep, vitamin C, and have been on just in the last month magnesium and Vit D which have really helped my joint issues, energy level, but not my circulation and itching issues.  Its rare if I every have stomach issues or any pain whatsoever when I'm on this regimen.  But the rest is always there in one form or another.

I have the exact same problem. I see this was over a year ago. Are you still having the same problems. Is there anything you found to work. I have tried everything. Please e-mail me back. Thank you.

try MLD (manual lymphatic drainage) to move the lymph and increase the circulation in the body! Most massage places offers MLD massages.

It sounds like I have what ashben has....can anyone put a name to this? any treatments? I have had this for almost 10 years and frankly I am sick of it

Help, I have the exact same problem!!

I Have the same problem, somehow comes out more in the sunlight, does any one find this? 

See Additional Post

I am 35 now and the first time it was really pointed out that my legs and feet turned purple was when I was at the pool at age 15. As of now, self tanner does not help cover anything. It actually makes it more apparent. I eat very well, take supplements, and have not seen any signs of healing. I could exercise more, however, I seem to be in a depression that is hindering this altogether. I take take in a lot of ginger and try to take some supplements to warm the blood. No signs of changes. I've noticed around my ankles where it also looks like veins are starting to break. It feels like this falls in line with everything else. My feet and hands feel like water balloons so often just pooling with blood. Please keep talking and reporting. This is not just a "vain" thing, but an actual issue that is causing mental and physical discomfort.

I seem to be getting worse unfortunately. I replied under my orginal post.

mine started at 15 too, i'm now 25. i don't actually try to get rid of it. i wear long pants and avoid looking at my legs but i noticed the pale spots appearing on my arms! its mostly in my lower legs and upper arms. i don't even know the name for this condition and i can't find much online.

I have the exact same thing did you find out what to do and whats causing it?

The white spots are called Bier spots and is a cardiovascular problem.