it is been a while now I have this unpleasant feeling of sore throat and I also have some white spots on my throat and it is the second time in last 2 months I have those symptoms and I also have problem swallowing. What do you think this sore throat and white spots on it could be and the thing is that since yesterday night I have light fever so should I see a doc or would this sore throat go away on its own? Thanks much!

It is more likely you have strep throat-the condition that is usually manifested with sore throat, white spots or even swollen lymph glands followed with swallowing troubles. And if the strep throat is caused by some viral infection than no treatment is needed but if it as about some bacterial infection than you should get some urgent medical care-for if left untreated bacterial strep throat could cause some further complications such as rheumatic fever, joint pain, muscle weakness and also some skin rush even. Anyway you should first see a doc just to determine what have caused you this sore throat and white spots so if it is bacterial related than you would be prescribed probably some antibiotic such as penicillin or amoxicillin.

Hello:

i am having almost the same problem, I have very small white spot and pain throat..But I didn't have feber and I went to the doctor
four times and they advised me just paracetamol or Ibuprophene and they made me a test of my throat, but aparently nothing appeared because I didn't have any news from the Hospital.

I am very worried because I have been taken Ibuprophene a long time and it doesn't work and I continue with the same problem...and I don't what else can I do?
can anybody help me please? I am not getting any help from the doctor...

could it be throat ghonorrhea? they have to do a specific test for that.

norrie wrote:

First, if you have a sore throat, white spots and trouble swallowing, you should see a doctor. Second, one commenter said "...if the strep throat is caused by some viral infection..." this is impossible. "Strep" is an abbreviation for a range of bacteria species and as such can never by "caused" by a virus. The writer is quite correct that you do not take antibiotics for viral infections, however, obviously doesn't know the difference between a viral and bacterial agent. IF you are having trouble swallowing, with or without a sore throat, you should definitely seek medical attention because this can be a sign of a more serious medical condition. If you ever don't feel well it is always better to be seen by a doctor than to guess (or look for advice on the internet) about what might be wrong. I know this is expensive, but it is a lot cheaper in the long run to catch and treat a problem early. Some drug stores even have clinics where you can see a Nurse Practitioner for uncomplicated problems that cost less than urgent care centers. Any responsible and reliable source of health information on the internet will NEVER guess at diagnoses, prescribe herbal remedies or give advice. Good medical websites simply provide easy to understand medical information. Take care of yourself.

If it were viral it would not be called Strep, however everything else he said about it is true. I've had many throat infections since about the age of 8 (I am 22), and currently have one of the bacterial sort. A throat infection can be of viral origin- in which case one lets it run its duration... or of bacterial origin- in which treatment is neccesary with an antibiotic... a bacterial infection of the throat, or strep, can cause scarlet fever and rheumatic fever if not treated. The joint pain is awful. #1 rule: if you have a swollen throat with white spots- go see your doctor. Period. You can't make a diagnosis on your own.

My mother is having the same problem, sore throat for 4-5 days white spots all along throat and very squamish, no fever though!

HI i have had strep throat for the past 3 to 4 days and this morning i woke up and i was haveing trouble breathing so i went to the bathroom and i looked in my mouth and there was these white spots all over my throat (tonsils)!!! I had no clue what to do!!! WHAT do you all think i should do??

Thank you :-D

I have/ and had white spots in my throat and have been tested for strep many times and it never is. So Idk what it is.

That seems very much like tonsil stones. Look it up.

This could very well be a condition called, "thrush." Which is yeast. A fungus. Manifests with no fever, but in some cases CAN be painful. Treatment is usually a prescription liquid that you swish around in your mouth, then swallow. An over the counter remedy is also, gensing violet.(works!!) Babies often times get this, as did mine, but adults DO get this as well.
HOWEVER one should be aware: if this is it and it continues, you need to look deeper into your health. Many "auto-immune" diseases cause this. HIV being one of the main ones.

The best thing you could do is stir 1/2 a teaspoon of salt and 1 teaspoon of turmeric into a cup of hot water and gargle with the mixture before going to bed. . .at least till it goes away.

I also have a fever the past 2 days with chills and sweats at times due to my fever. The back of my throat does have white spots and its sore. Always get tested for strep just in case. I do not have strep I have a bacterial infection so my doc prescribed penicillin.

"Strep" IS a bacterial infection. The bacteria that causes it is Streptococcus pyogenes.