Hi, last week I noticed white spots in my nails. I thought they will disappear, but they’re only getting bigger. What is this, and how should I treat it?

Hi, I had the same problem few months ago. White spots were appearing on one of my fingernails, and they wouldn’t disappear. Unfortunately, I didn’t go to a doctor right away, and didn’t know that white spots were the first symptoms of nail fungus. My nail became yellow and hard with crumbling edges, and it looked really ugly. It even started to hurt. If I only knew what will become of those little white spots, I would immediately go to doctor. I don’t mean to scare you, it doesn’t mean that you have nail fungus. Maybe your white spots are caused by something else. My younger sister for example often has those spots on her nails, and it was never developing into something serious.