Hi... I am 12 and I have a group of them on the tip of the side of my tounge for quite some time now... Probably about 3 weeks now. I just pick them off but they grow right back . I don't know what to do. Any advice???

I push mine back in place this helps so so much.. I would never pull it try to push it in. lol

I don't suggest clipping them off either, so be careful. I have two right now on the tip of my tongue and it's bugging the hell out of me. However, for the people who say to go to the doctor for this? Come on. 1.] The percentage of people WITHOUT health insurance is quite high right now, and 2.] this is just one of those things the body has, and deals with on a normal basis. If you do see a doctor regularly just ask at your next check-up, but honestly, DON'T schedule a new appointment JUST for this.

i tried pulling mine off with tweezers. it DID NOT WORK!! it hurt three times as bad for hours. but i just tried putting an ice cube on it. hold it there for a few minutes, and dont touch it to anything if you can help it. it makes it stop hurting, but it still feels weird

to the person who posted the above quote:

not a smart thing too do at all unless you effectivly remove the entire bud including the root. in any attempt i have tried if i did not sucessfully remove it and the root from the tounge you may think its gone and feels better but im telling you it will grow back and in most cases it will be bigger and more painful! not recomended but is a idea i have tried but only might work sucessfully if removed entirely and with the fewest attempts too pull on it as possible the best resuts is one attampt and if you dont get it leave it alone cus it only gets more painful and you can end up getting other taste buds around it too become soar and you end up with a whole patch on your tounge and i dont recommend trying too remove mulitple buds your only causing more trauma and a lot of failed attemps you end up accidentally grabbing the wrong bud and pull real quick then you bave another one. you have too be very steady and works best with tweezers but you need to dry your tounge as much as you can which is hard cus the pain from the bud makes me drool and its almost immpossible too grab that sucker in more than one try without causing more irritation. try it quick and as accurate as possible i recommend giving up if not sucessful in the first try and if anything try again in a few hours to avoid more irritation! that s my advise and my own personal experience. its about one of the only pains i cant handle is swollen tastebuds and i get them a lot.

i'm not saying your suggestion is wrong and if it worked for you thats awesome but in my experience it hasnt been sucessful unless i did it the way i had too do it. again everyone is different and everyones suggestions may not work for others and might only work for them lol i have tried many things and some are a little invasive for most people i bet but if i can do it right without causing more irritation in the fewest attempts possible which should only be attempted once if you fail i dont recommend trying again or wait a few hours for it too calm the trauma a bit. its just not worth trying multiple times and making it worse and not even succeeding even a little on one attempt. i actually dont even know if doctors have any worth while solutions and i dont trust anything doctors say anyways i usually figure out how too deal with things on my own with better outcome than advise any doctor has given. they only know what they learn what has worked in some cases but isnt the same for everyone!

you can buy them on eBay along with a lot of other medical tools lol

my reply too above:

anonymous wrote:

yes please dont cut or pull them off...i used to try that when i was younger and Cutting off a taste bud, or whatever it is on our toungs, is not the answer. Man I thought my OCD was bad! I've gotten these from time to time and guess what...... They go away naturally! A poor diet and mayby too much partying might be the cause?

I also had these bumps appear on the end of my tounge while I was travelling in South Asia. It started to hurt SO bad that I started asking the people in my village, and everyone I came in contact with said "Vit B complex". I bought some at the chemist thinking what harm will it do, and it actually worked! Mind you, I don't know if it was the Vit B or just enough time passed, but taking vitamins is never a bad idea anyway...

I have those, yesterday i had one. And this morning i noticed i have 2... (:

I have the same, little white PAINFUL bumps in the middle of my tongue - 100% sure mine are caused by menthol cough drops. I have a bad cold and NEEDED the cough drops, but since the tongue bumps had happened to me before with cough drops, and I even though before popping them into my mouth, "gee I hope my tongue doesn't break out in BUMPS", and guess what. after 3 drops, there it was - a white inflamed area right where the drop was positioned on my tongue, which quickly turned into painful white bumps. I found today I can scratch some of them off and it really helps the and caused no major problems. I intend to go right in to the bathroom and get rid of the rest of them. THEY HURT. No more cough drops, even if I'm dying. And by the way, the first time it happened I went to my GP who said, "have you been using cough drops?" BINGO.

Help!!! I can't take the pain any longer! How can something so small hurt so bad?????? I'd rather be in labor!

how long does it take for the pain to go away after putting the anbesol on it because i just did and imy mom made tacos i WANT THEM SO BADLY plz help

I've gotten these swollen white taste buds from eating an extremely hot cheese pizza with crushed red peppers on it....
and I'm going with the people who say NOT TO PULL THEM OFF.

But do what you think works for you. I just wouldn't recommend it. Listerine helped me for a bit.