hey just put the pipe down and stop smoking that speed...there speed bumps people ...salt my ass u mean salt in the form of speed...ur frigggin mouthis infected...

i suffer from this also, its so anoying. i get this roughly evry 3-5 months, my taste buds turn white and then spreads into a small patch of them, i only get them on the tip of my tounge and the urge to scrath them on the inside of my teeth is irresistable. this lasts for about 8 days and during them days its hell!! i have tried evrything apart from doctors, i find its best to just sit tight and wate it out =(

I have the same problem but I have more then 50 of the little whit bumps and they Itch really bad and I now have two holes dug into my tongue. I don't know why this is happening so if anyone can tell please do!!!!!

I cut mine off all the time it bleeds for a second and is done. Don't listen to whoever says you can't. My doctor that it's perfectly fine to snip them off

I get them from chewing/rubbing my tongue from anxiety. I grind my teeth, too, sometimes from stress/anxiety. The taste buds are very delicate, after all, they tell you what things taste like, and that is a big deal. We have sense of taste thanks to these little tongue buds. So, they are easily irritated by simply rubing or chewing or sucking your tongue. I only get them when I chew on my tongue. And, as 661avchick has posted, that reason is also true, because speed makes you chew your tongue. I cut them off, too. I decided to cut them off because it just made sense. Sometimes, I don't cut them, but I puncture them with a needle to let them puss out, and then, I put Neosporin on my tongue, and next day, you don't even remember you had them.

do they go away for good cuz this is the first time ive ever had it and its really really really annoying! o.O

I cannot imagine cutting them off...mine gets so sore! I have one about halfway back on my tongue to the right of the center of my tongue. If I burn my tongue or eat too much salty food such as chips, I get the very same irritated taste bud. It never goes all the way back down...stays white and swollen. It does get better, though, with time and a bland, cool diet...applesauce, cottage cheese, etc. If I eat something hot or spicy, I just about hit the ceiling. Finally, the inflammation and soreness will go away; but the bud stays swollen.

My dentist just about choked when I told him people cut them off...he said never cut anything on your tongue. I'm too chicken! He did tell me to get some GlyOxide and put some on the bump. Then he decided to give me some Lidex gel...I put a small amount on a cotton swab, and hold it on the bump as long as I can before I have to swallow. That has helped.

Oh, I also have dry mouth from blood pressure and allergy meds...that doesn't help the situation. Glad I came here and found other people with the same issue; none of my friends get them. When it first happened, I kept thinking I had a sore throat or a swollen gland...that's how bad they can hurt and then I discovered it was that inflammed taste bud. At least I know what it is.

Are you guys serious?!?! If you clip them or pull them off, they can get infected. What is wrong with you people. That is the worst thing you can do, everyone knows that. You have to wade it out, that's it. It will go away soon enough.

A perfect solution for these white taste buds is alum. The type that you get in grocery stores in the spice department. All you have to do is put a small amount on the bad area of your tongue and leave it on for one minute. Spit out the saliva that is in your mouth and don't eat or drink anything for awhile. I usually put it on before bed and by the next morning, they are no longer painfull.

Really? Wow, that's interesting...thanks! I'll give it a try...mine finally healed but it took a couple of weeks.

every1 could be talking about ,, you know-it could be hpv .. do some reasearch

The person who said to use finger nails and gently pull sounded very reasonable to me. So I tried that. I got one swollen taste bud from soup at a restaurant that was served way too hot. I had been waiting for 2 weeks for it to go away when I finally Googled it. I figured that it is hurting every day, so if it hurt a little bit to pull gently on it one time, no big loss. The little thing came right off! It didn't bleed, hurt, or anything. I guess I was being so careful not to scrape it on my teeth that the natural event that would normally make it if fall off was not happening. I'm so grateful for everyone who is posting here and trying to help one another. Take care.

i have a taste bud thats poping out ITS NOT BURNING but when i bit it i guess it didnt rip off all the way so now its just hanging there and its annoying ive been trying to take it off but im a a little scared! will it fall or will i have to do got to a doc. or something? PLEASE HELP! ITS ANNOYING! GOD BLESS WHO EVER SEES THIS AND RESPONDS! :cry: :cry:

Well, I guess I would try to rip it off...especially since it's already ripped part of the way off. I don't know...sorry, I'm not much help! Let us know what you decide.

self surgery - who knew. Where can you get a descent scalpel these days.