Im having the same issue as I type. However, this has happened to me once before, and like someone else has mentioned- the swelling and irritation of your tongue and taste buds/bumps originate from too much acid. Spices, salts, pepers, citrus, and most commonly, chewing BIG RED BUBBLE GUM. That normally does it for me. Just be careful to drink plenty of water (less sodium and acids). Little toothpaste, light tongue brushing, and warm salt (a teaspoon or less) and water. And your buds should be back to normal at the max a week. If irritation still occurs or worsen, I recommend you contacting your health physician or dentalk clinic.

Ive been getting these things for years. After enduring them since my teen years (I am 39 now) I finally one day decided to snip one off using nail clippers and much to my surprise it was immediate comfort. It bled a mere drop of blood and within a minute it was ancient history. I realize that using nail clippers does seem barbaric but it really does work. The downfall though....after a few years of clipping off tastebuds one day youll have none left so in turn youll have no sense of smell. Comes in handy on the days that youre having parsnips though LOL

ive had a nice sized one on the tip of my tounge for about 4-5 days. its so annoying. i think im going to cut it off with nail clippers. cant stand it anymore. and no im not wasting my money on a damn doctor either. got laid off, no insurance...so im resorting to self surgury, lol..gotta do it..

I have one too and yes Thanksgiving was not so good this year i think imma try the cutting it off thing cause i have hd this going on 3 days and i cant stand it.. it got bigger after i bite it while eatting and i have had it b4 but only for like a 1 day it is always gone by the monring amd i have tired poping it be and it did go away so i think cutting it off is a good idea :$ ! ! !

I had two, I noticed, this afternoon. After looking at them carefully in the mirror for about a half hour, I thought it would be a good idea to jus pop it. I squeezed it off with clean nails and it didn't bleed at all. It's still a little sore now, but it feels a lot better than it did. It's no big deal to me, but I don't use listerine to rinse my mouth because of the alcohol. The hydrogen peroxide rinse that was suggested above is a wonderful idea and works a lot better at killing germs than listerine. I've done this experiment in a microbiology class on a petri dish, so trust me. Also, hydrogen peroxide doesn't burn like listerine. Hope this was helpful.

Just cut one off, feels great haveing done so and no blood whatsoever.

Keep in mind you are only snipping out the swollen half of one swollen taste bud, rather then taking a chuck out of your actual tongue. It will still be sore and a little bit swollen, but that is SOOOOO much easier to bear.

Tweeze them.

I've been getting these for years and cutting them off with clippers for years with absolutely NO ill effects ever. But those that don't believe in this never will and those that do have probably already done the same lol... but here's 1 more random guy on the internet telling you it's perfectly safe so long as you're even remotely capable. XD

me too! >:( im only 14 and i have this problem too. It use to be spread out at the tip of my tounge.they went away-
and then1 to 1 and 1/2 weeks later it came back(actually today !) but now its in one place. I actually took some tweezers and tried to pluck them off but its bittersweet because it hurts but its SOOOO annoying !!! i accidentally tore off a little bit of feeling for like 30 min. but then wore off but I guess you could say it was kind of worth it ?!?!?!?!?
i did use hot salt water but it went away in like two days ?!?!?!?!??![/img]

I get this after I chew Cinnamon Gum! that's it! I hate it. I have it now. Blah. >:(

hey guys i have been doing some research and this relates to herpes or hiv and maybey gingavitus but my partner just got tested and shes clean im to scared to tell my parents about it but is stressing me out help!!!!

I get these a lot, mainly because of using inhalers without rinsing my mouth out afterwards. Spicy stuff also irritates them a lot.

I went to see an oral consultant at the local hospital who said they were finding the numbers of people who were suffering from them was increasing and they thought stress levels had an influence as well. He did a biopsy on my tongue to make sure it was nothing else, NEVER let anyone do that to you unless it is 10000% necessary. The pain after is horrendous for days on end and nothing is worth suffering it !

I have found that salt water helps, very strong if you can tolerate the initial pain. Alcohol free mouthwash helps and I have found that specifically Dentyl will actually remove them after a couple of gargles. I have also squeezed them and cut them off with no problems.

Would be good though if the drug manufacturers targeted what is a much larger problem then is realised !

These bumps on your tongues are transient lingual papillitis also known as 'lie bumps'.

There are plenty of great ways to get rid of them im sure but i just dont know them? Any ideas cause they hurt like c**p!!!! :$

Rub a little of Anbesol which is an oral anesthetic....that takes the pain right out, because I know it's so hard not to want to rub it against your teeth, especially while trying to sleep! This helps honestly, it's still there, but it doesn't hur tor feel irritated at all! :-)