My tongue is …lets say white coated. I believe I’ve got some infection, but I have no idea what could it be. Do I need to do a tongue culture to confirm it? Is it possible that I’ve got something just from kissing?

I think you might be having thrush, although I am not sure. An infected kisser can transmit thrush to a kisses. There are several conditions can also cause a white tongue. Conditions such as: scarlet fever where the tongue has a white coating for the first two days of the disease; herpes virus-type1, virus can give the tongue a white coating….

Think you just might be de-hydrated!

Hi Jewel,
First I have to tell you not to worry, many people get white tongues from time to time. This is just a coating of the debris and bacteria and dead cells. I know it sound awful and alarming, the thing is that it usually can’t make you any complications. This can go away on its own without any treatment, but it is telling you that you need to boost your oral hygiene a little bit. Are you using any mouth wash after your brush your teeth? Do you brush your tongue when you brush the teeth? This is important in order to avoid having problems with white tongue. If you ask your dentist he will tell you the same.
Good luck,
Danella