Why am I hungry after sex and sometimes thirsty(male)?

Well probably it is because you lost a lot of energy and your body system needs it back. Sexual activity is a physical activity so while in the intercourse you are loosing energy.

Is this helpful?

Being thirsty is probably due to sweat, any vigorous activity always makes me hot and sweaty, therefore i need a big drink of anything.
I to get hungry after a healthy round of sex. More often than not i find my way to the kitchen for something to munch on. I usually head straight for some candy after, i don't know but the candy just seems to top off the sex and i can fall straight to sleep ;-)

Hello mshyne2005, 

I have to agree with john and bbfeet9 – sex is more or less intensive physical activity and it really is no surprise that you feel the effect afterwards. Your body is signaling you that it needs to sort of recharge on energy that it gets from food, as well as water.

It’s not without grounds the observation which often annoys women – mend tend to fall asleep immediately after sex and also happens because you simply get tired, not only physically, but also emotionally. And, since you are already spent calories, there is no harm in treating yourself and your partner with small snack like candy or fruit,  and something refreshing to drink, even if it’s only water.

I'm hungry after sex even if I didn't really do anything. It got to be something hormonal, not related to exercise. From what I understand this feeling is quite common.

The ratio of hunger after sex is completely depend upon our kidney condition , because we have three bag in a sequence in our kidney. if first bag have good fitness and with nutrition . then our hunger status will be in few ,then we bear our hunger.on other hand if it may week due to drugs and uses of medicine for sex then our hunger status in a maximum point this probability is  written in an article of medical .............

any comments ?

Shining Star

I am not sure about that... I am leaning more to the fact that sex is physical activity (at least to some degree) and simply after that activity one must substitute the energy.
However, this is an interesting thesis...
"this probability is written in an article of medical ............."
where is written? :) You didn't finish the sentence.

I am always hungry after sex but complete opposite after a workout because I'm not hungry at all! 

I've noticed i am usually hungry after sex if my orgasm has been good. I mean there has been lot of pleasure. However it isn't relating to how hard tempo sex it has been. So in my opinion, it has something to do with brain chemics (dopamine/serotonin?) or then with hormones. I bet brain chemics, neurotransmitters. Just, i am not sure why it happens.

Not being a doctor, I still have a viable theory on all this. First off, I am a man. I have found that an orgasm leaves me hungry, immediately, ravishingly hungry where I wasn't hungry just moments before the orgasm. My theory is that the body is chemically triggering us men to replenish protein lost in ejaculation in preperation of another session.

For guys... I think it has to do with the sperm your body creates. Once you ejaculate your body is in need of those vitamins and iron and calcium. That's just my thought

i love this

You sound like a nurse.

i love eating after sex and during