Hi everyone,

I am an 18 year old female, healthy diet and weight. For the past 6 months, I have been running 5-6 days a week. The past three months I have worked up to 3-4 miles a day, which I really enjoy. I try to cross-train but generally I exercise a little over an hour a day.

For some reason, over the past few months when my exercise has been most intese, I have noticed a HUGE change in my appetite. I am constantly hungry. I believe I need about 2500 calories a day and try to eat 6 small meals a day, with the proper protein and carb ratios. I don't really eat junk food.

Why am I hungry all the time, and how can I adjust my workout timing or diet so that I feel satisfied?

Thanks a lot!
Kathryn

I suggest you try eating oatmeal. I don't know why but I discovered while eating oatmeal for the past few weeks I tend to get full and I don't feel hungry often. Try it maybe it will help. :D

Oatmeal is rich in soluble fiber slowing down the digestive process, making you full for longer. It definitely helps control weight.
Make sure you don't eat anything for 3 to 4 hours after an oatmeal so you wouldn't interfere with digestion and nutrient absorption.
Oatmeal contains a wide array of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants and is a good source of protein, complex carbohydrates and iron.
It is best if you make it yourself. You can just mix oat with low fat yogurt but here is what I do.
The night before I put a few dried plums and figs into water to stay there over the night. In the morning I mix these dried fruits with oat, a tablespoon of flaxseed, a spoon of flaxseed oil, add some wheat sprouts, little sesame and add a bit of water that I held the dried fruit in over the night. It tastes great, it is excellent for regular bowel movement and for supressing appetite.