I am a 44 year old male. I've always had a hard time sleeping right after sex. I feel like my brain is on fire and very active. All the people I asked said that sex helps them to sleep. Is there anyone who shares my experience?

yes , I have the same problem... any help?

same problem here but female...sucks

same problem here 42 y/o male

Yeah, me too. I hate it. Everyone always talks about how easy it is to fall asleep, but I sometimes stay up the whole night. It is torture.

i am wide awake too, i think its an adrenaline thing. but i dunno why it doesnt happen to everyone. my wife is passed out and im on the computer...

Oh.. WOW I totally thought I was the only one! I am 29 years old and my wife doesnt get it. It makes it very hard to be intimate. I feel the exact same way. It feels like my skin is on fire my brain is wide awake and the very second I start to drift I awake full of adrenaline. Its rather frusterating and it causes very much anxiety throught the whole night. We are not alone in this though. We need answers!!!!

i also have the same problem ..... for about 20 years and now i am 40 , any solution ?????
plz any one of u pls contact me ??
sameer !!

I have only recently had this problem and it has coincided with me starting to use caffeine on a daily basis. I mean drinking coffee at 10am and then haveing sex at 8pm and not being able to sleep afterward. It feels like sex somehow sparks the caffeine to kick back in again, but this might all just be a coincidence.

i have this exact problem, it is so bad for me that i never have sex with my girlfriend at night. i already have some sleeping issues but if i have sex, forget about it, im up for at least three to four hours afterwards. its frustrating because she is out like a light in .25 seconds whether she orgasms or not. i can orgasm three or four times and still be ready to go. it really strains our relationship b/c she thinks im being selfish by only having sex "when I want" but really its more about sleeping than anything else. clove oil huh? a little explanation wouldve been nice. ill look into though. i really feel that it does have something to do with adrenaline, just b/c of my heart beat and the fact that my mind races immediately after. therefore i dont understand what rubbing some on my penis would alleviate.

This can be a sign of stress, which causes stress, which causes the problem to worsen. See the cycle? It's also possible that the caffeine mentioned earlier could be the culprit. In most cases, I'd say it's either an odd side effect of medication, or stress related. Read the warning labels carefully. Past that, I don't know. Since I've had a few demanding partners in the past (did I say demanding? I mean EXTREMELY demanding!) I was "trained" early on to not fall asleep after sex, but I've never experienced the problem mentioned here. What happens if you try and masturbate after sex? Or does the problem still happen even after you masturbate? If not, then I'd really start leaning towards a stress related thing...

Razinhail in Missouri

Hello All,

What everyone seems to be experiencing is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coital_cephalalgia I would suggest talking with your doctors about this as they can prescribe medications to reduce the headaches. I hope that helps : )

same problem and I would love to know why!

I have a similar problem too. I am wide awake after sex.
so, next day I will have headache.
it continues for few days until I recover my sleep.
it sucks.
what's worse is my doctor does not get it.
he thinks I look OK and thinks headache is because of sleeplessness and stress
so, recommended a depression releiving drug.
I want to test adredaline or other possibilities.
also can I get Clove Oil without doc recommendation
any suggestions.
I had done MRI scan a year ago and nothing was found.

Contact I have the same problem and have done soo much research also do my MRI and all same stuff
Take vitamin b1
Please contact me 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed***Please read our Terms of Use