Hello, I am 14 years old and my mum is continuously suggesting me to eat my breakfast before I go to school in the morning. I would like to sleep little longer instead to get up earlier and eat my breakfast. In the same time I am not so hungry in the morning so all this is pretty annoying for me. I try to speak with my teacher in the school about it, but I got same answer. Why they say that breakfast is so important?

Hi, I had same problem when I was your age. Now I am also talking to my children that they have to eat their breakfast in the morning. Reason for this is very simple. After we get up in the morning usually we spend most of our time in the school, on our jobs or other activities which demand energy to be done properly.
If we don't have enough energy for our daily activities our concentration will be weaker, and in the same time our results on job or in the school will be worse.
If we don't take enough carbohydrates our brain won't have enough energy to work properly and we will be sleepy, our reflexes slower and later, if this condition lasts, we will become anxious.
Because of all these reasons it is much better and healthier to eat you breakfast in the morning.

In the morning when you get up, it's probably a good 12 hours since you last ate. That means your body needs some energy to get you going! If you don't eat breakfast when you get up your body goes into 'starvation' mode and slows down your metabolism. That means that when you do eat, you'll store more of the energy as fat! :O So eating breakfast can actually help you keep your body in shape.

HTH