First of all hey to you guys reading this I really appreaciate it alot. (:

I am 18 years old, I do smoke cigarettes (Newport 100's) but lately I have been thirsty...
I am not diabetic as im concerned... I dont eat alot of salty foods... I dont have any snoring problem or any sinus issues either...
so why am I so thirsty? I drink about one gallon of water a day and im still thirsty most of the time... I am not a sporty person, as in I dont exercise or anything... I am a couch patato. lol unfortunatelly... so I dont know what is causing this thirst... I think my smoking has something to do with it but I dont really smoke a lot either... I smoke like 3 to 4 cigarettes a day... so yeah... any Suggestions?

Please reply... even if you think of something...

(: and yes diabetes runs in my family on BOTH sides... and I am overweight.

Hi! Well, I'm not glad to say it, but you could be suffering from varying stages of diabetes, whether it is type 1 or type 2, the symptoms will be the same in both cases. As the bodies inability to effectively manage rising blood sugar levels, it seeks to implement last ditch effort to keep them levels in a safe range. It does this by sending out messages of continual thirst, this is your bodies way of increasing its liquid intake which helps flush some of the glucose away through the urine. As a side effect of this, your body loses increasing amounts of crucial minerals and vitamins, Advanced stages of undiagnosed diabetes will almost always see the individual losing a lot of weight. Have you lost some weight recently? The other reason could be Sjogren's syndrome. It is classed as an auto immune syndrome, which means the body's own immune system attacks your moisture producing glands, this leads to various health impairments. It seems to be more prominent over the age of forty and targets a far greater percentage of women than men. Anyway, I think you should talk to your doctor about it. I hope this will help you.