I am a 25 yr. old female who has been experiencing itchy nipples with occassional milky white drainage. I have seen a GYN who could not explain why this is happening. I am concerned because my grandmother died from breast cancer and my mother had benign tumors removed at the age of 20 and again in her 40's and just a few yrs ago and luckily were all benign. She has been having mammograms since her mother died 22 yrs ago because my mother also has cystic breasts as does my oldest sister and me. I would like some advice as to what I should do.

Thank you

Has your doctor checked your prolactin levels? Has the discharge been tested to see if it is milk? I'd have those things checked soon. Not to worry you, but milky discharge can be caused from too high prolactin levels and that CAN be caused by a pituitary tumor. I did a little research on that because I was freaking out when I had a leaky nipple! I'm sure its nothing!

i am sixteen and the same thing was happening to me. so i went to the doctor and they told me it was probably just dry skin. so they give me this stuff call C-All Purpose Nipple Ointment. which worked after a couple of days. u should try that.