I am 17 and would like to know all there is to know about female vaginal infections. I want to know the causes, signs and symptoms and the best possible treatment. I am not sexually active, but before that, I want to know what could happen. Thanks

There are a lot of possible causes of female vaginal infections. I will try to explain few of them. What ever question you have, I advise you to ask your doctor, especially if you are thinking of becoming sexually active. Before that, you need to know all of the things that come along with that. Educating about sexually transmitted diseases and vaginal infections is a good start. Vaginitis is an inflammation of the vagina often caused by infections which result in distress and discomfort. The most common vaginal infections are: bacterial vaginosis, trichomoniasis and vaginal yeast infection (candidiasis). Symptoms usually include discharge, irritation, itching and odor. Drugs like Ampicillin, Ceftriaxone, Metronidazole are usually the treatment. Other possible STD is Chlamydia. Chlamydia is a bacterium that causes infection and symptoms in women are an unusual vaginal discharge, bleeding after intercourse, bleeding between menstrual periods, abdominal or pelvic pain. Remember, these two conditions are not the only ones that can happen when being sexually active. Ask your doctor for more information, especially about the AIDS.

Hi, I am only 14 and I had a period that lasted almost two weeks. It just ended a few days ago. After my period was finished, my vagina started really itching and it feels like someone is poking a splinter into my skin down there. I am not sexually active but I am still afraid that i have Crabs.
What do you think i should do, and what do you think I have?

dont worry if your not sexually active its highly unlikley you have crabs

my advice would be to use a differnt soap or body wash thats unperfumed

or dont put bubbles etc... in your baths, take cooler showers,or try using a different detergent when washing your clothing,if ur symptoms persist my advice would be to go see your doctor he/she might be able to shed more light.

If your not sexual active. your still young your body is changing in so many different ways.but if your having pains,i would suggest seeing a doc,because it could be a cist,or even as simple as a uti.

hi, i'm 17 and i was wondering, theres something coming out of my.. you know, nether region, and i thought it was normal, as of late, i'v been shakey, hot and the stuff coming out is a strange white/yellow goo, sometimes, its almost clear, but theres alot! i had to change my underware at least 7 times today, and when i was too late, it was almost like i was on my period, but as i said, its not blood, its white, s little yellow, gooey and my mom wont listen to me, could someone please tell me whats happening? i'm kinda scared!

Well first off..have you ever had sex? This will help determine what It may be. My first thoughts are that it is Vaginal Discharge. This is COMPLETELY NORMAL. Every woman experiences it, all it is is your body simply cleaning itself out. All woman experience different amounts. The only thing that worries me is that you say you changed your panties 7 times in one day? Now did you change them every time the stuff came out, or just once your underwear got full? Try looking up Vaginal Discharge online, it will help you to learn alot more about it.