Cleans your makeup off five times better, leaves your skin looking like a baby's bottom... wherever you go it seems like people are ranting and raving about the Clarisonic skin brush and once they got it, it seems they can't do without it any more.

Of course I had to have one.

because they say it takes a while to see results I stuck with it. Well. My skin dried out completely and I looked dreadful, and every time I used the brush I got a feeling like I was doing my skin damage, like it felt on fire right after.

I was someone who took regular care of her skin anyway even before the Clarisonic and I am thinking that is where I am different. Of course this cleans better than just water. I didn't use just water and always cleaned my face and exfoliated twice a week. The Clarisonic made a good thing bad, not a non-existent thing semi OK.

I am disappointed that I didn't like the Clarisonic but I have since returned it to the store and have never looked back. I can honestly say I think it is the most overrated skincare tool around that I know of.

Celebrity

Hey,

I am with you. I got a Clarisonic brush about a year back and considering all the great things I heard about it before I got it, I was very excited and had very high expectations. Reality did not live up to those expectations, and my already sensitive skin was soon visibly damaged by the harsh action of the Clarisonic brush. Did I do something wrong? No, I followed the instructions, but the Clarisonic skin brush simply did not go well with my skin. I am quite sure, in conclusion, that those who love the Clarisonic simply have less sensitive skin that responds better to mechanic action of the kind this brush applies.

I have since returned to a more natural and gentle skincare routine, and could not be happier. Never again.

Rosie

This is nothing new. Whether the Clarisonic brush is good or bad for people with sensitive skin including skin conditions such as acne and rosacea has been a hotly debated topic for quite a while now, with strong views on both sides. Since the Clarisonic is not a disposable or cheap product, this is a hard question. Clarisonic may really help your skin even if you do have issues that may make some people recommend against it, but do you want to gamble on that? Not unless you can definitely return it to the store if you don't like it, and there's quite a big chance of that happening. My tip would be to be prepared for not liking the Clarisonic. Do look up how to use it properly though, including for instance not pressing it into your skin and not using it too frequently.

Well, to each their own. I love mine and my skin looks so much better since I started using it, and I promise you that despite what some haters say about the Clarisonic and people who use it, it really isn't because I didn't used to cleanse my skin before I got it and my skin was actually dirty before. The Clarisonic is meant to be a cleansing system and not an exfoliating system, but it does exfoliate as well. I am very happy with mine and will continue to use it as directed and will continue to see great results, I am sure.

I think many people who do not like the Clarisonic have too high expectations or else they did not look up instructions on how to use it correctly before they started, or did but are not following them right. The Clarisonic brush is perfectly OK for sensitive skin you just need to know how to use it right. My guess is you are needing to look at the instruction or some videos again and then you could use the Clarisonic successfully and get good results. It is not a miracle product though, it does what it does well but it isn't going to make you look like you just had a facelift or anything. Because it is not for antiaging.

Some things about the Clarisonic.

When you first start using it, some unexpected things can happen, such as breakouts, and skin dryness as well, but these are usually temporary effects. You do need to keep your brush clean, replace brush heads regularly (or bacteria will transfer to your skin while using it and do bad things to it!), and also choose the right brush head for you. So for sensitive skin types, people may do better with the Cashmere Cleanse Brush. 

Also, the Clarisonic is not an exfoliation tool, it really isn't. It does remove some dead skin cells, but so does just washing your face or even touching it with your hands. Exfoliating refers to taking more off than would come off naturally, so the Clarisonic is decidedly a cleansing tool and not an exfoliation tool.