I'm looking for an incredibly good hand cream and I prefer natural products. My work does a lot of damage to my skin so my hands are very dry, always. Now, I went to a health foods shop the other day as this is where I prefer to buy a lot of groceries, and I saw this make Weleda. I thought it was a little pricey for trying it just like that, so I'd love to hear if any of you have any of you have any experience with Weleda products and the hand cream in particular? Thus far I haven't really found the cream for me so I hope this might work. I think there was pomegranate in it.

Oregano oil - it's interesting that you mention that!

I have recently started making my own. I already had experience making other oils. I use extra virgin olive oil as a carrier oil, and I use fresh oregano leaves and flowers to make a masserate. I add a little bit of grapefruit seed oil as a preservative as well. It takes two to two and a half weeks for it to be ready.

So far, I have used it on my fungal toenail infection. That is actually why I started making it. But, I have since heard that it makes an excellent mosquito repellent as well. It is quite strong stuff so I wouldn't use it straight on my face. But however you can add it to your favorite skin product, like a moisturizer, in small quantities. Then it works as a cleansing agent so I should imagine that it works against your acne too.

Would you mind letting me know how you get on?

Oh no, I accidentally replied to the wrong topic! I'm sorry.

I have actually used the Weleda hand cream which I got as a present once and thought it was rather good. Nice smell! It worked well too and did not leave an oily feeling on the skin. I have also tried their natural deodorant and the skin cleanser. That is as far as my experience with Weleda goes I'm afraid but everything was pretty good I have to say. If you into natural products I know that this brand has been around an awful lot longer than some others and might well be among the best natural skincare lines on the market.

I am actually fairly new to natural skincare and don't use it exclusively or anything, but yeah, Weleda is one of those brands that has a really good and long-standing reputation. For now I've actually tried their toothpaste, the salty one, and it makes my teeth feel so much cleaner than the regular old toothpaste I used to use before. I also bought their soothing facial oil with almond, which is truly awesome though not something I would have chosen a year ago. So two products in, I'm not really qualified to judge overall what they're like but like I said, Weleda is pretty well known and has a good reputation. So that and the experience I have yeah, well, I can only say thumbs up, really!

I like them, but they are too expensive for my taste. This is the main reason I keep using less natural products like Nivea, because I cannot really justify the cost of Weleda or other products like that. I actually tried these at the mall though, they were offering testers, and I do like them and the way they smell. I was going to buy until I found out what they were charging.

Anyway, if you can and want to afford Weleda I think it is probably a good choice for your skin.

I think Weleda offers great products that are especially suitable to people who have sensitive skins that normally react very easily to any kind of harsh products or synthetic chemicals. I do agree that they are on the expensive side compared to some skin brands, but that is because they are the difference between McDonalds and the farmer's market, essentially. You pay more for better quality and better health, but your body will thank you.

I have been using Weleda as a happy customer for many years now, from shampoo to tooth brush to facial cream to diaper cream for my babies... and I can honestly say that I am still buying it because it's better than other things I have tried over the years. Now, there are people who do not enjoy the strong smells of many of the Weleda products, which can be very distinctive, but I am not one of those people. You will smell like a wild garden and if you don't like that, Weleda is not for you.