Hi!

I recently got a Clarisonic brush. I've had great results with it and am very happy, but I figure you need to keep the brush very clean. I wouldn't want it to get dirty and to end up with a skin rash instead of beautiful skin! If you have a Clarisonic brush, what do you do to keep it clean? And where do you store it? It seems easiest to store it in the bathroom but then again, that is always a moist environment and I am worried that it will attract bacteria this way. 

Your tips are very much appreciated!

Good question. My Clarisonic Mia 2 was great when I first got it, but when I started breaking out after a while, I thought it was just not the right product for my skin. I was wrong. The Clarisonic was fine. I was just cleaning it the wrong way. Your brush needs cleaning, either with the solution it comes with or with a gentle cleanser. Some people even use dish soap. Let it air-dry completely, and then place its protective shield over it when you are not using it. I keep it in a drawer in the bathroom. Remember that brushes really do need replacing every three months as well. If you don't do this, you are asking for trouble as well. Oh, and I clean the Clarisonic itself with a makeup removal wipe, after removing the brush head. Hope that helps!

Celebrity

I don't know; the Clarisonic brush was too harsh for my skin and I returned it. I had high hopes for the brush and was really looking forward to smoother, younger looking skin that was better cleansed, but instead I got break outs, rough patches and very red looking skin. I gave up on it after trying it a few times and have never looked back. The Clarisonic brush is not for everyone, and because it was so new for me it was not that it was dirty either. So if you experience problems with it, it may just be that you are not doing anything wrong but your skin does not like it. 

Rosie

Here is how to keep your Clarisonic brush clean:

• Unscrew the brush head. 
  • Use an antibacterial liquid soap on the brush, either cleaning it with your fingers or even a toothbrush. 
  • Air dry the brush during the night, in a non-moist room, so not your bathroom. 
  • Wipe the Clarisonic down with an antibacterial wipe. 

Remember that it is important to clean your Clarisonic properly after each and every use. I compare it to an electric toothbrush: you would not want to put a dirty brush head or a dirty toothbrush appliance into your mouth, and you do not want to put a dirty Clarisonic to your skin either. I know it's a bit of a hassle, but you really don't want to scrub bacteria and fungi into your skin. 

I have a Clarisonic. Clarisonic itself says....

1. Not to use abrasive or chemical cleansers to care for any part of the device, including brush heads.
2. Not to place any part of the Clarisonic into the dish washer, including brush heads.
3. To remove the brush heads once a week to clean the entire device with water and soap. They add that you should not be attempting to remove or open the handle in any circumstances. This is sealed and you should not mess with it.
4. Brush heads should be replaced every three months.
5. Dry brush heads with a towel or leave to air dry.

Pretty simple, really :).

Thank you, that helps. I have to be honest with you and say that after the initial excitement over having it wore off, I have not been using the Clarisonic as much as I thought I would be. I thought that the results I got from it would last a while and they did, but I really need to be getting it out more and the tips you provided do help with that. I'll try to use it today again.

Did this happen to anyone else, that you bought something you were really excited about and it ended up sitting on the shelf?

By the way, you definitely do need to cleanse your makeup before you use the Clarisonic. I think that is where a lot of people go wrong - I know they say it removes six times more makeup, but that doesn't mean the Clarisonic brush is a makeup remover! Don't keep your Clarisonic in the shower either, and don't use it with gritty skincare products, as that can irritate your skin no end. And, if your skin gets at all irritated, use only the gentlest brush and make sure to cut back on how many times a week you are using it. That should all help you.

Celebrity

You may also want to consider dry brushing your face as an alternative to the Clarisonic. You need a soft plant bristle, which is very effective at exfoliating, improving blood circulation to the area, relieving stress and lymph congestion. It is just like a Clarisonic, really, except you can decide how much pressure exactly to apply and how the brush moves. Then once the brush is old or you don't trust that it is free from germs any more, you can simply replace it with a new one. I much prefer this method to the Clarisonic myself. The material is organic so that is a bonus. 

Rosie

At first sight acquiring a tool like the Clarisonic or a similar skin brush is very appealing. It promises to tone your face and remove much more makeup than you can do manually. My friend has a Clarisonic and to be honest, though she says she cleanses it with soap and water each and every time she uses it, it was yellow and not looking so nice. And if you replace the brush every month instead of every three months like they recommend then you are starting to spend a ton of money that you can instead use on many good skincare products that will leave your skin looking even better than if you use the Clarisonic brush.

Well, your best bet is to "use" the brush on a clean towel for about 10 seconds and then leave it to air dry the rest of the way... ideally outside of the moist environment of your bathroom! This works on any skin brush, not just the Clarisonic, of course! Don't use harsh chemicals to clean the brush heads at all as they will damage the brush and possibly your skin if not cleaned out correctly as well. Do not neglect to change the brush heads every four months as you don't want to deep cleanse your skin in a cesspool of bacteria!