Hello... I am 23 years old and I have a happy, healthy 3 year old girl who is bright beyond her years. Her father left when i was pregnant, and since has tried to make the effort of being a dad "on and off" (mostly "off"). We have gone to court many times and we have joint-legal custody, i have full sole custody. He does not pay child support at all. He is 31 and is an alcoholic with no signs of changing. My daughter does not know him, nor of him. She is in pre-school now and has many friends who have their daddy. I am a little nervous about any upcoming questions regarding his absence.... and what to do in case he decides to pop in again when it conveinences him. I want to be honest but i dont ever want to hurt her. I also want her to feel prepared when other people ask her where her dad is (people will ask, not thinking).
Please, any opinions on the matter would be greatly appreciated--
M.

my little sister is 4 she doesnt no her dad he is an alcoholic too! he has never been in her life n never wanted to no her shes never realy asked after him but she will some time i would tell her some things about him but not the whole truth wen she is old enough to understand tell her the truth n if she wants to no him or not she will be old enough top make her own decisions.ITS REALLY TRICKY ONE THOUGH! GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!