My biggest concern right now is that with 2 to 3 weeks I will go thru morphine sulphate withdrawal. I have been unemployed for almost 5 months, lost my medical coverage, cannot fill prescriptions and have a servere back problem. A few years ago I consulted with a few surgeons, all suggested back surgery with a rod being put in place and a fusion of the disks, along with removing 1 to 3 disks. This is why I've been on morphine sulphate for over 5 years, as I am afraid of the surgery (I also have had reactions to anesthesia). My boyfriend is afraid I'll go into shock with the withdrawl. I did read a comment on one of your web pages from someone indicating to cut back 1/2 pill everyother day, and there should be no withdrawal. Will this really help? In the mean time, when I'm pacing the floor, crying, unable to bear the pain in my back.....then what do I do? The mental stress has my entire system on overload and with no medical coverage, I have no where to turn. I've gone to social services, trying to get assistance but am only told that on unemployment my income is too high. Tell that to the bill collectors and the empty tank in my car that has sat, not moving for 3 days because I have no money for gas, let alone food. Any assistance would be appreciated. I can ignore the bill collectors and adapt to not doing anything, if I could only deal with (1) the pain (even now, being on 1/3 the suggested Morphine dose - I'm in tears and unable to bear the pain) and (2) the thought of withdrawal from the morphine when the little I have left is gone in 2 to 3 weeks. I've cut back tremendously but the pain makes it difficult to cut back further. Any assistance would be tremendously appreciated.

I Ran short or morphine after being on for several years. Although I was only taking 45 mgs a day, I'm awfully sick. What did u find the best way to ease symtoms?

Hello there, I posted a letter just the other day and in it I explained my problem. Tonight is the last dose of M/S that I have. I have a very bad back, and am in between doctors. I am on SSDI, so luckily I dont have to Pay for a Doctor, or meds, well I pay a small fee for them, 6 dollars is what I pay a month. I saw the chances of getting to a different Pain Management on time getting slimmer by the day. Yes the pain is horrific, I have had two surgeries on my back, and there is not an orthapedic surgeon that is willing to touch me. They say the scar tissue is too heavy, and are afraid that they will make things worse. So I did just what you are doing. I went out and got a back brace that helps stabilize my spine, and it does help. I have been going 18 to 19 hrs between doses. If I do get sick, and it hasn't happened yet, I am hoping it will not be too bad. You said you had a boy friend can't he help you out? If all else fails you can go to an ER, they will help you out. Also find an attorney, and file for dissability. There are a lot of law firms out there, that work on a contingency basis. They will file for you, and not charge if they can't win your case. If they win they are entitled up to 20 percent of what your award. You should have done this when you were first hurt. I will not be over night but maybe down the road. You have nothing to lose. Look up natural withdrawal remedies, again you have nothing to lose. Also apply for medi-caid, they may be able you also. Goodluck, and I will let you know it turns for me!