Hello, fellow pancreatitis patients. I too have had re-occurant pancreatitis, sadly have had this eight times. so debilitating I thought I was going to die, I am not kidding. The docs have taken out my gall bladder, done ercp testing, also dye in the bile ducts. They have never specifically said the true cause, other than high triglycerides in my blood. Let me say though one thing that sets off this illness for sure is Pasta! Do not eat pasta unless it is wheat. I have an attack every time after eating pasta, I finally learned my lesson. I am on several meds for this. Gemfibrozil 600mg, Niaspan 1000mg, Lipitor 20mg, Omeprazole 10mg, Oxycodone 20mg ER, Morphine Sulfate, Promethazine 25mg, Trazadone 75mg, Ambien 10mg, Panokase16. I have not had an attack for three months, and am due anytime for one, it usually happens about every three months and then back to back. I avoid alcohol for sure, and high fat foods. I am nauseated daily, hence the promethazine. I usually get my attacks in the early morning, or late at night. I have learned to self care myself when having an attack. But sometimes I need the PCA, with IV and an NG tube. My pain control is only adhered through Dilaudid. I cannot have a Mrphine PCA, it gives my spasms in my spinchter of odi and causes a great deal of pain. However, at home I take Morphine Sulfate oral, and it causes me releif of the pain. I have lost about 60 pounds over a two year period. when I start to feel the pain coming on I stop eating and drinking anything, and I rest. I live on the oxycodone and morphine, and could not live without the phenergan. I am 31 years old, and my first attack was a result of alcohol abuse, I have had it ever since and no sign of it going away. My pancrease is obviously diseased but the doctors don't detect it. Living with pancreatitis is the worst thing ever! Email me if you want to talk about your disease. _[removed]_

Have they ever checked for a choledochal cyst? I just got out of hospital last night from 3rd episode. pasta has not ever effected me but grease and fat sure do. your story sounds like my daughters who is 38yrs. old but she had a choledochal cyst. they removed it and she is still sick. I dont drink at all I dont ever want to go thru the pain again. I will take all the help I can get. Bless u Renee