Hi, guys. My father has been working in the textile factory. His job is related to working with some loud machines. He has started loosing his hearing sense. I would like to know if this is a common thing in factories. Can anyone tell me something more about this? I would appreciate it.

Hello, there. This is not something unusual. Hearing loss can be treated as an occupational disease. If your father works in a factory with noisy machines, he can experience losing his hearing sense. Of course, he must be exposed to this noise for years, even decades. I don’t know exactly the intensity of the noise your father is exposed to. If this is true, then he must change his working place. This is the first measure in treatment. Your father must consult with an ENT specialist. I hope everything will be all right. Bye!