Hello! I have Fibromyalgia for some time, but now I have one more problem. My swollen lymph node in the neck (on the right side) is bigger then it is normal. I want to know could swollen lymph node in the neck be painful. Please, tell me what causes these problems? Is this connected somehow to Fibromyalgia? Thank you in advance!

Hello! As you know, we are not sure about causing of Fibromyalgia and, regarding, swollen lymph node I can tell you for sure that it is caused by bacteria or viruses. You need to go to your doctor and do blood tests and I am sure that your doctor will tell you what to do. I think that you will probably get antibiotics. You should know that swollen lymph node can be very painful.

Well, swollen lymph nodes are usually very painful if they grew over their normal (usually pea size) size so this is not something you should be concerned about. Usually they are the sign of the infection which is attacking our body and this infection can be caused by a virus or bacteria. Usually swollen lymph nodes are passing on their own but regarding to your condition it would be best to visit your doctor and get some medications (if it is caused by bacterial infection you will be prescribed antibiotics, but if the cause of the infection is virus you will get some anti-inflammatory medications).

After your doctor do the blood tests he will know what is going on and he will inform you about your next steps.