I'm currently taking 95mgs. of methadone daily and I take Xanax sometimes for my anxiety. How long should I wait to take my dose after taking Xanax the night before? I know mixing the two can be lethal but I don't take it alot or in excess, any help would be appreciated.

I think you would be fine taking them both at the same time as long as you don't take any more than prescribed. You'll probably just get tired if you take them both at the same time. You could also take them a couple hours apart and feel fine. You're not going to overdose as long as you don't take more than you were prescribed.

Do not take them together ever.... wait a hour to be safe

Thank you for such a great question to post. I’m on the exact same mgs of methadone as you (95). I as well as you take 2 mgs of Xanax occasionally for anxiety but more recently than usual. So from what I’m reading it’s ok.

So if I wait at least an hour it should be safe to take the Xanax?

As a lifetime xanax patient, and having kicked methadone twice and doing a slow detox [i pray slow]...I can say the wd's from both are similar and u can confuse which gives the most trouble...But i say that if you currently have a knowlegeable doctor willing to prescribe xanax, you need to take this opportunity to start a slow detox on the methadone. I am 63 and can tell you that certain drugs that assholes overuse, making it near impossible to get them thruout long periods..95mgs. is NOT A GOOD IDEA...some states don't give ANY methadone and some, only 20mgs..and I really recommend a VERY close contact with FatherGod..in NA or AA, preferably Spiritual 12 step, bc i have experienced that idea that i still want to FEEL methadone...which isn't the goal..the goal is THAT BEAUTIFUL PLACE OF BEING COMFORTABLE IN YOUR SKIN, AND LOVING THE FEELING OF BEING STRAIT...personally, i want to continue a slow detox..I have been doing this for 2 yrs. down from 60 to 45mgs. and very careful to not take more than 1mg x 3 times daily..not all at once...lol...get your dose down to 30mgs, as an attainable short term goal...then adress that day, when u feel stable...over the next 1=2 yrs...Because, I promise this...If you try to stay on xanax lifelong, there WILL. b that day when your dr. says no...and everywhere drs. will say no and u will b in a hella bind! Prepare now for that inevitable day that you will have NO CONTROL over your suffering..Its heading this way quickly, as its been recently discovered that methadone and xanax, when over taken, especially, WILL KEEP YOU IN A CONSTANT STATE OF WITHDRAWAL, as they attach to saME RECEPTORS...First, get the xanax down to as low as possible, and your methadone will hold you much better...A full 12=14 hrs..then rejoice in your authentic self...as u find that relationship with Jesus, which I have had miraculous results with patient non-doubting prayer...He will answer.. I worry about those of you who may end up like me...sick WITH medicines..For 7 horrible yrs...The more i pray and the less i take [slowly] I AM STARTING TO FEEL LIKE A ROCK STAR and tears of grateful fill me up..NOT FINISHED, ON 45MGS..HEADING FOR 40MGS SOON AND NO EXTRA XANAX...IT IS WORK, BUT IT IS WORKING! GOD'S LOVE AND PROTECTION I PRAY FOR YOU....its a long life and yet very short if we waste our days trying to keep feeling high..Let Go - Let God, so u will have many happy days ahead...in the name of Jesus!