I need some info about YAG laser. I had a cataract surgery last year and everything seemed to be ok until recently when this blurred vision occurred and for the night vision difficulties I have stopped driving the car. I went to a control an my eye specialist said that YAG laser Capsulotomy is perfect for fixing this condition so now I am curious what this YAG laser treatment is about and would it help? Thanks!

The condition you have is called posterior capsular haze which is common after cataract surgery for sometimes it happens like in your case –after some time this problem occurs and than it is usually treated with YAG laser. I also had the cataract surgery with this posterior capsular haze that has occurred after one year of my cataract surgery. YAG laser treatment is used to make a little hole in the capsule's center and when this is performed than some dilating drops are being installed. It took me few days to fit my vision perfect though in some cases the effect is immediate and after YAG laser treatment doesn't last long and the same day after the YAG laser treatment is done you may go home without any complications.