Hi, a friend has narrow angles and his doctor told him to have preventive surgery but using YAG laser, we have read through several documents and we have seen that YAG is not the most recommended laser in this case of possible glaucoma prevention with narrow angles while LPI seems to be the best, so shall he go to have a second opinion on the subject or is YAG recommended on certain narrow angles too? I ask this because I know there is no permanent solution for glaucoma, only ways to control it, but I have heard surgery can have side effects or even the need of secont intervention, and Im afraid he could get the wrong option only because our lack of knowledge

Many thanks in advance and sorry if any mistakes are done in this question

Hello there

The question is how much do you believe to your doctor. If he was fine until now maybe you should continue to trust him and go for the surgery.  

But since you are ready to ask for second opinion I don’t see anything bad in it. One more medical opinion can’t do any harm and it can help you to decide.

It has past some time since you have posted this question so now I would like to know what your decision in the end was. Did you get second opinion and what was the suggestion if you did? And which surgery did you choose in the end? And how is your friend now? Thank you for answering my questions.