Hi, a friend has narrow angles and his doctor told him to have preventive surgery but using YAG laser, we have read through several documents and we have seen that YAG is not the most recommended laser in this case of possible glaucoma prevention with narrow angles while LPI seems to be the best, so shall he go to have a second opinion on the subject or is YAG recommended on certain narrow angles too? I ask this because I know there is no permanent solution for glaucoma, only ways to control it, but I have heard surgery can have side effects or even the need of secont intervention, and Im afraid he could get the wrong option only because our lack of knowledge

Many thanks in advance and sorry if any mistakes are done in this question

PS I think I posted this same thread through anonymous user, Im very sorry, please remove the other thread if possible and sorry for all the inconveniences