YAG posterior capsulotomy
Just had it two years after having a cataract removed.
I now have a massive, active floater swinging across my, admitedly clear, vision
I thought the part cut out by the laser was supposed to sink
I am now at 48 hours after the straightforward surgery.
Help

I'm dealing with the very SAME issue; a massive central floater, now it's been six months since my YAG posterior capsulotomy. Did you find any relief, or make progress with this?

Thanks so much for any help or advice. (sthita at yahoo)

YAG posterior capsulotomy
Help

Can you tell me if your floater ever went? I have one also, 5mths. after a capsulotomy.

I still have that terrible floater. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Steve (***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **
Please read our Terms of Use
)

Thats bad news, 3 year you've had it. Guess we are stuck with them. I have heard they go by either dropping to the bottom of the eye or the brain shutting them out.

They can do a second yag and burst up the floaters that was left .The DR. left the hole to small in my eye after yag .I forst them to make the hole bigger and burst the floaters. DR. WILL NOT DO ANY THING unless you put pressure on them. Before this i could not drive at night because of starburst[ DO NOT IGNORE THIS PROB] THANKS

I have Fuchs' Corneal Dystrophy.I had cataracts removed and interocular lens replacement. A couple of years later I recently had YAG to cut through a membrane wrapped around the lens. I now have a permanent blurry spot right in center of vision.I find it very irritating.I have 20/400 vision despite all the surgery's. I and the eye Doctors I've seen can not tell me why I can not see. I have double to triple vision.I'm 56 and feel so desperate to keep my vision after 4 or more Dr's looking at me. I see them avoiding the issue that I have no medical reason so that leaves the physio part ...An MRI showed no tumors but abnormal vitreous gel discoloration. I really would love to beat this.Barbara

Hi All. I have the blob too in OD, not in OS. Had YAG on both eyes two months ago and blob was there in OD directly after YAG and still there. Optometrist says blob is not what the YAG cut off, but rather that some YAG energy condensed some vitrious humor. In my case, condensation is posterior to the focal point so blob goes left when I look right, up when I look down, etc. Optometrist says I have to live with it or they take out and replace the vitrious humor which they only do in extreme cases such as badly discolored vitrious. My blob might go up out of my vision in time, says optometrist, if and when the condensed matter sinks down. Only 45 years old. Oh well, vision is much better than before the IOLs were put in. Best wishes, Scot

Hi, I had a capsulotomy on my left eye a year after cataract surgery, the left being slightly more developed than the right.  At once I noticed a single  , blurring floater and it has been there since, for more than a year. I cannot say its presence is any less noticable, but some days I don't remember being bothered by it at all, so I guess the brain manages to work around it somehow.  For a long time I've been putting off getting the second eye's capsulotomy for fear of getting a second blurry patch darting left and right. I keep wondering  whether the size of the resulting floater is dependent on the skills

i had my cataracts done and lenses put in last Aug. and Sept. a few mths later i had the yag laser done to get rid of the blur. It did clear them up well, however, now u can see old floater more clearly but i ended up with a huge one in my left eye, which is so irritating..I know what everyone is talking about... my doctor zapped it again, however it just seemed to go more over my line of vision....grrrrrr. im hoping in time it will go away like he said, but after reading about everyones experiences, i dont know? It is certainly depressing and annoying, it also tires your eye out fast from the constant looking around to get it out of the way.

I have had a floater for seven month after yag treatment,they told me they could no longer see it and to wait and see if it clears up on its own or until my mind chooses to ignore it. Very disappointed.

I have floaters 48 hrs following YAG Laser 6 yrs after cataract surgery when I also had bad floaters.
Will they go away

i have same thing 2 weeks after yag, blurry diagonal lines in each eye ! dr said may clear up in weeks or even a year ! I have my doubts, very frustrating and feel like dr not being honest about problem, he says everyone gets them ! I doubt that !!!

I have same issue as everyone else. But please has ANYONE experienced a reduction in size of the annoying floater????

I have a floater in peripheral vision after Capsulotomy, totally nauseating. Was told that the vitreous has degenerated further from previous Vitrectomy. Will need to have another Vitrectomy to clear it up. No clue as to how the Capsulotomy caused it, maybe it did not. But it started directly after the procedure and has not reduced in over 3 months.