so as of two days ago i began feeling an irritation around my vagina and a painful sensation when i urinated. I assumed i was getting a yeast infection but today i found that my discharge had taken on a bright yellow color with a thick clumpy texture. Upon personal examination via a mirror, i also disconered that the areas surrounding and inside of my vagina have began turning a patchy white. I have been sexualy active with the same partner for two years and have not had these symptoms. Could this just be a yeast infection? Or something else?

Hi Lemonz,

It sounds more bacterial than a yeast infection.  You need to see your doctor to confirm.  A sample will probably be taken and examined.

Good luck.

Yellow vaginal discharge is a concern all in itself, but the fact that you mention there are also clumps, an inflammation, and changes in the color of your vaginal wall is quite concerning. I do think you have an infection of some sort, and I think you should see a doctor. Antibiotics will usually clear up a bacterial infection, whether it is sexually transmitted or otherwise, but you need to see a doctor before you can get a course. 

You're right to notice changes in your vaginal discharge and to react to them. Now see a doctor. This is one of those times where you could really benefit from that.