Hi, I have been thinking about the bonds between the color and the nutritional values of vegetables. I am particularly interested in yellow vegetables. This is because when I was a child my mother made me eat carrots which I did not like. Whenever I asked her why I have to eat them she would say that they are good for me. Can you please explain why carrots and all yellow vegetables are "good for me"?

Hi, your mother was absolutely right when she made you eat carrots. They are really good for you. Yellow vegetables contain betacarotene that gives them their color. Betacarotene is in our body transformed into vitamin A. This vitamin protects our eyesight. The good news is that if you do not like carrots you can get sufficient amounts of betacarotene from different vegetables. Sweet corn or pumpkins are a good choice. Betacarotene from yellow vegetables is also great for your hart. Vitamin A can also help in preventing cancer. And the effects of vitamin A as an anti-ageing and anti-wrinkles agent are widely recognized. I hope that all these facts will prove to you that your mother was right about the benefits of yellow vegetables.