I just want to know whether it is easy or not to become a addicted free like alchol addiction or smoking addiction. if any one is having experience like it please share it with me..

Yo Ho Avamarlo,

Ok, let me get this right....you want to know if it's easy to give up an addiction to alcohol, tobacco or something similar? The reason I ask is because the post is a little confussing. At first read, I thought you were asking if it was easy to become addicted.

I'll go with answering the first question, as it's what your title implies.....

Straight answer: No fecking way! It is NOT easy to give up an addiction and depending on what someone is addicted to, it can be like trying to give up your whole life. Addictions can become a part of someone; a part of their personality, daily routines, thought patterns, etc, etc. For example, one of the more minor drug addictions- tobacco. An addicted smoker will have set times to smoke; after food, when stressed out, when on a break, when sitting on the computer, while chatting on the phone....and it becomes an ingrained habit. So much so that if that ciggarette is missed, their mood changes and it's almost impossible to change it without resorting to the object of addiction. 

Most addictions- if not all- have mood and personality changes associated with their object of addiction. Alcoholics, heroin, cannabis, tobbaco- even caffeine has mood changes associated to withdrawal. With a lot of addictions, there are also the physical withdrawals to contend with and they can be a complete nightmare- especially with something like heroin and alcohol. Some addictions can't be done 'cold turkey' (i.e; stopped straight away, without any replacement therapy)- heavy heroin users and alcoholics can risk their life if they go cold turkey, as the body becomes accustomed to the drug and has to (in a sense) regenerate. So when someone is withdrawing, there can be periods of sickness & stomach pain, joint & muscle pain, headaches & migraines, blurred vision, dodgy, irregular and/or discoloured bowel movements, pins & needles, sweating, lack of appertite, lethargy, insomnia & dizziness.

For most drugs- caffeine included- it is in no way easy to give up being addicted. I'm a cannabis addict and despite the ignorant brigade swearing blind that it isn't addictive, I can whole heartedly say- it IS. Anything can be addictive, even shopping and DIY! However, it becomes an 'addiction' if someone can't live their life without it and it's having some negative impact on their mental or physical well-being. 

If it was easy to simply give up on an addiction, why would this forum be full of people who need help giving something up? No one chooses to become addicted to a drug.

V

Hi Violet_Ivy ,
I think you are reading my post in a wrong way. I am asking whether it is easy to quit smoking & drinking or any other types of addiction.
Thanks,
Ava

Hi Avamarlo,

I read it right then. I went with the title and answered whether it was easy to give something up or not. I start from the point where I wrote: "Straight answer: No fecking way!"

But to clarify:  Quote:

No- it's not easy, it's very, very hard.

Best regards

V

Thanks Violet_Ivy, for giving me a reply.