Hi! My 1 year old son is diagnosed with hypoglycemia? Doctor thinks that maybe he has certain disorders of the adrenal glands. I need to take my son to do many analyses. I'm worried a lot, of course. Does anybody with experience can tell me something more about treatments for hypoglycemia? Thank you!

I heard that, unfortunately, some children are born with errors in their metabolism that can lead to hypoglycemia. As I know, your son will be treated with medications. He will be taken on diet too. It's very important for him to has good treatment because glucose is the main source of fuel for the brain. Best wishes!

Hi there,
If I am not mistaking this condition is caused when there is a low amount of blood glucose levels in newborns blood. The fact is that this can be caused by several things. Among many the babies who are born to diabetic mothers have a good chance to develop this condition. The main problem with this condition is that brain depends on blood glucose as its main fuel. SO you can see how this condition can affect your baby. You need to find a treatment to avoid any further complications in your baby’s life. If I am not mistaking doctors will give your baby rapid acting source of glucose. I hope that this helped a bit.

Best wishes,
Marco