I am a widower (Lost my wife 4 years ago) and I've been taking care of our daughter (Now 10) since. Recently she started the journey into womanhood and embarrasingly she tried to tell me that she needs to go out to the store and shop for a training bra. Now normally this would be a mommy-daughter thing but with my wife gone I don't know how I should handle it. I'm not really comfortable going into the women's section of a department store with my 10 year old daughter shopping for bras and having people wondering why I am I shopping in the bra/lingerie section of the store with a child and having them looking at me like I'm some sort of pervert. I would appreciate any advice from not only dads but from moms, grandmas and grandpas on how I should handle this.

Im only 14 but i remember how difficilt it was to ask my mum for a bra. It must be really awkward for your daughter but you dont need it to be awkward . Its a natural thing to grow in diffrent places so you can either take to a shop/store and maybe ask people who work there to help her choose one best for her age group.That way a probably best(female) shop assistant has been through choosing her first bra so she will know whats comfortable and good for growing breasts. Or if you have a close female friend who your daughter likes you could ask her to take her bra shopping becsause then it would be less awkward . Just two ladies looking at bras , helping her decide whats best. 

Hope it helps xxxxx

Although you may feel slightly embarrassed, imagine how your daughter must have felt asking for a bra in the first place - I was embarrassed at my dad knowing that I had started wearing one!
I'm sure that if you explain the situation to one of the assistants in the store, they will help your daughter to choose one that is comfortable.
Good luck!

Changes like these are normal, but also can be quite embarassing. You must support your daughter. Showing her that you are always there for her will build her trust in you and build a better relationship.