So i got my period today and i really need some help! I'm 12 and my mom died 4 years ago and i really miss her, especially right now :'( Well i was at school and my tummy was really hurting me, so i went to the bathroom and when i wiped i noticed there was blood on the toilet paper. I kind of panicked and didn't know what to do, i didn't have anything so i just rolled up some toilet paper.

But i really need help :-( i don't know what to use, like what one do i get? and how do you use them? and how much are they?

I really hope someone can help me!! (some people might not believe in this, but i kind of feel like my mom lead me to this sight :$ i like was crying cuz i miss her, and was like asking her for some help and then i found this site...so i hope someone can help)

Jus relax. It really is nothing once you get used to it. Just go to a store and buy some pads. I recommend Always Maxi. But any other is fine. You can choose ones with wings or wingless. They can range from 4-6 dollars.

Honey I'm sorry to hear about your Mom. I'm a Mom, so I'm gonna try to help you out. First off, find someone to talk to, Dad, grandparent, teacher, friends Mom, the reason why I say this, is so you can get the answer to questions that you need from someone you have a relationship with. I know it sounds crazy to talk to your Dad, and you may feel embarrassed, but he'll understand, and he wouldn't want you to go through this alone. If you ever get your period at school again go to the nurse, she'll provide you with a pad, as at matter of fact, you could talk to her about it. You can buy pads at any drug store, Walmart, the grocery store. They cost about $4 or $5 dollars, ask Dad for the money. Best of luck sweetie!

Thanks! well that day i went to my friends house after school and used her bathroom and kind of stole some from her mom :$ but i needed something. well, when i tired to talk to my dad about a training bra it didn't go very well!! so my friend just gave me some of hers. but ya, i told my friend i got it and so she told her mom for me, so she helped me out because she know my situation. so i'm good now, but thanks :-D i knew this day would come sometime and i'm glad its done...now for my stupid period to end!!

Okay so this is the deal. Don't freak out. I know that it may be scary but try to keep your head. Then find a friend or a nurse or teacher or an adult that you trust. Then ask them once you told them about your first period, ask them to take you out shopping. Don't try something that you are unfamiliar with. Then once you get it more often, you get more used to it.

Because you are youngish, and probably have PE or some kind of physical activity, you probably want to get pads with wings.