I am 25 and I am so glad I came upon this forum-after years of struggling to deal with mismatched boobs it is so comforting to know that I am not a freak of nature. I have been hiding my breasts for ten years now, I was an awkward teenager anyway and having a B and a D cup only made things worse. Worries about changing in front of other girls kept me from playing college basketball, and during college I discovered that the only way to keep guys from ogling my boobs was to pack on 50 extra pounds and dress like a homeless person. As a result, I wore the same basic outfit (jeans, hooded sweatshirt, baseball cap) for five years and avoided doing anything that might cause people to notice me or my figure, like wearing jewelry. After college I decided I was fat and wanted to start running again, but jogging was too awkward with one large boob flopping around and the other "fake" one not moving at all.

It wasn't until a few years ago when I met my husband that I began to realize just what I was missing out on. He thinks I'm beautiful in spite of my asymmetry, it doesn't seem to bother him at all and I am no longer obsessed with stuffing my bra and making myself invisible. That said, I completely understand what all you girls are going through, especially those of you in your teens who feel that this is a life-ruining condition.

To those girls I want to say: DO WHAT YOU NEED TO in order to be comfortable in your body. This is the best thing you can do for your mental and overall well-being. Don't let anyone who doesn't believe in plastic surgery tell you that you should learn to live with your body the way it is. We aren't talking about a nose job or face lift or having fat injected into your butt cheeks-for women breasts are a big part of how we view ourselves. I was comfortable enough with my body to wait until after my daughter was born to look into having my right breast reduced. She is now a year old and I am so excited about the procedure, I feel like a whole new world of possibilities is about to open up: buying matching bra-and-panty sets, going swimming in an actual swimsuit instead of men's trunks and a baggy t-shirt, and letting my husband show me off without wondering if all his friends are thinking, "What's wrong with her boobs?"

I agree with a lot of these posts that recommend younger women wait to have surgery, but I went through years of such depression and frustration because I wanted to be a girl, dress sexy and have a normal life. For those of you in that situation, just know that this problem isn't nearly as big a deal as it seems. Yes its awkward, often uncomfortable and sometimes downright depressing but don't let it keep you from living your life-go shopping and flirt and always keep in mind that if you aren't comfortable in your body, you can do something about it.