Hi, My name is James and I'm slightly worried because I am almost 16 but dont seem to have hit puberty yet. My voice seems to have dropped a bit, but my penis is still small about 3 inches, I have no armpit hair and just two pubic hairs. May testicles haven't dropped and i have very little arm or leg hair. Is something wrong? I'm getting worried...

Health Guru
No nothing is wrong you have started puberty but your just a late starter so dont worry

me too, i dont know what to do and it means i have no confidence and  i'm embarassed of what will happen if anyone finds out

I figured I could give you a little bit of personal insight from my life. I was in a pretty similar situation, but don't think that you will experience puberty and whatnot the same way that I did. I was 17-18 when I was seeing any form of results from puberty. This made me uncomfortable in any sort of sexual situation. Just hang in there, you are not alone. Plus, you can enjoy not having body hair right now. I can tell you that I am 20 and spend a ridiculous amount of time getting rid of body hair.

The best way to check on you hitting puberty is by going to your family Dr. and asking if he can run some blood tests to check on levels of different things that may be lower than normal. You should have an average testosterone level for your age . Men and women both have some of the same hormones, but are supposed to be at certain levels. You can receive testosterone therapy, and can be monitored . Some families have a history of being extremely hair, and some have almost hairless bodies.. Another thing you can do is ask to speak to your dad in private, tell him you don't feel that things are happening soon enough. Ask him if there is any family history on different items. He should understand your concerns, and if by chance he is uncomfortable, ask him to make an appointment with the Dr. and ask him to go with you. Families have different degrees of what kind of dress is expected around the house. Some are conservative, and may be clothed anytime they are not in the bathroom or bedroom. Sometimes family with only male children run around the house in underwear and think nothing of it. By having your father there with you while talking to the DR. you will both will have the same information, so you can talk about it later and I think parents should be involved in as much of their children's knowledge and what they are going through growing up. It will make your relationship much closer, and each to be more tolerant and understanding what is going on. Remember unless you have an abusive parent, they didn't get instructions for you when you were born and learned as they watched you grow up. Most kids say, my parents just don't understand This is a good way for you to understand and deal with a personal matter with someone who cares. My dad died at 57, I worked a lot and moved out of the house before I graduated High School. I wish he was still around and could have spent those years learning ,talking and getting to really know each other better. But I always thought there would be time someday to talk about personal things. In the. End but it worked out ended up we never did

Hi, i am 13 yrs old and have not hit puberty yet, when i was younger i had problems with my penis and had to have an operation The fore skin waa removed. I have scab to this day and my penis sometimes bleeds. Has this happened to anybody else. I want to know if i need it looked at. Thanks and btw i got stitches all around my penis and they look like warts, basicially disgusting i need help