hi there,

i recently turned 18years old and have not fully gone through puberty.

i have plenty of pubic hair around my genitals and some armpit air, i also have 1 facial hair. I have had pubic hair for 2 or 3 years now.
i also believe thay my left testicle has 'dropped' and that my voice is in the process of breaking.
i can also produce semen as i still masturbate so as not to feel different to my friends.

however my penis has not yet grown into an adult penis.

how long does the process of puberty normally take, i figured im a 'late developer' but feel this process is taking very long, should i be worried?

and comments appreciated,

thanks, intempo

Hi honey! Most men finish puberty at about 19/20, so you are a late bloomer - so to speak - there are many different reasons why the delay! 1. hormones, 2. hereditary 3. Illness - thyroid 4. poor nutrition 5 weight issues - too thin/too big 6. Even sleep can disturb your hormone levels and rate of puberty!

I don't think it would harm to be seen by a doctor - just to see what percentile you are on the growth scale! Remember that ALL information is based on averages! And some people get a moustache at 5! ;-) and others don't change till much later! IF you are worried about it, or have unexplained symptoms or just feel "weird" then definitely go to see the doctor!

would a walk in centre be ok to go to?

Yes! BUT it always depends on the doctor what they do next! I have gone to walk ins where they just pass you off and give you a perscription. And then I have gone to walk ins, that have saved my life "literally"! So go in with a list of your top worries! And also before you go, see if you can get information from your dad or brothers, about their "maturity" age! I know a lot of kids don't talk openely with their parents! BUT my kids just come up to me and just ask away and I'm like this o.O :$ :-D ! So see if the males in your family were "late bloomers" because any good doctor will ask you this too! Good luck and let me know what happens OK?

Dear intempo,

Dang that has to suck. Im 17 year old girl and one of my guy friends had a problem like urs. He was just a late bloomer. he is 21 now and done with all that. he did go see a doctor and it helped a lot to be able to talk to the doctor and his dad. I hope everything goes well for u. :-D

Hi im an 13 year old that i think has hit puberty. i have a little pubic hair no armpit hair and no facial. my penis is 1 in when not erect. i think ill be going through what you are and i hope you can get through it. as do i. it helps to see other people with my problem. I wish the best of blessing to you and all others with this problem

Any chance of an update on what happened to you, as i have all the same symptoms as your post?