Hello, i am a 21 year old relatively healthy guy with a problem that ive been expierencing for just over two years now. Feel free to ask any questions, i have nothing to hide and please excuse my Grammer. Alright so in October of 2007 i was admited to the hospital with severe abdominal pain, right where my ribs meet my abdomen in the middle to right side. I was kept for a couple day, felt better than discharged. I went months after that with no problems at all, expierencing random flare-ups of pain off and on until spring of 2009. In the spring these 'attacks' started frequenting my life, going from once every couple weeks, to a couple times a week. Usually they resulted in ER visits. In the mean time i have been dealing with constant diarrhea, different volumes of blood in my stool, and nausea almost every day. In this last 8 months or so i have had countless blood, urine and stool tests. CT scan, CT w/ angio, MRI, Ultrasound, two colonoscopys, two upper endoscopys, meckel scan, h pylori, 24 hour urine, 72 hr stool, two barium scan, and possibly more i cant pull of the top of my head. I recently returned from Mayo Clinic where the ran Ultrasound, CT, Colon and Endo scopes, gastric emptying, Camera pill, 72 hour stool. What they found was that my stomach is emptying into my intestines at twice the normal rate and not expanding to accompany any amounts of food. He said that this could possibly explained by a virus i'd had in the past that messed up the flow of my stomach. I am now on 2-40mg of nexium per day, 3 apple pectin 3x per day, Zofran for Nausea and Percocet as needed for pain. (I know people are going to raise the question of addiction and im not abusing it) Usually when the pain gets seriously uncomfortable i prefer to go to the ER for meds. The doctor says the Apple Pectin will help restore the rythem to my stomach and slow down its emptying. The nexium is for my heartburn which is now listed as Grade-C esophagitis. They have cleared me of Crohns and Colitis which is in my family. Found some small pockets in my colon, diverticulosis, that are very new, and should go away with a higher fibre diet. So the Doctor suspects the pain is stricly muscle-skeltal and he recommends i get involved with some frequent massages, accupuncture and see a chiropractor. His reccomendation is to stay away from the Narcotics, which i agree with, ibut have found no other source of relief thus far. My question is if anyone knows a different diagnoisis, or explanation for all this; any input of the medications? I also want to know if going to a pain clinic could be beneficial to me. Ask all questions, and i apologize if i missed posting any of the tests ive already had, or any other relevant information.

Devon

sounds like me when i read your post...i am older then u but simular problems. Back in june of this year began to have pain in my upper right quadriant of my abdoman, By aug i began to vomit everything i ate...i have been living on baby food and scrambled eggs since. I have lost 37 lbs and am i constant pain. the test ive had are as follows: endoscopy, colon'oscopy, mri, cat scan, small bowel series,mrcp,and tomarrow im having a catscansmall bowel. I should be glowing in the dark soon. I have been to the ER several times becasuse the pain was so severe that i could not stand up straight...one time i was all preped for surgery, for a small bowel obstruction, and the surgeon decided there were too many shadows on the mri to go thru with the procedureIve been told by the er doc at my last trip that i should not come back becasue they have no idea what is wrong and that im just there for the 'good' pain meds. i left the hosp in tears. im ready to stab myself because then they would have to go in and have a look around to see whats wrong. I have miss time at work and can not really stay up more then ten hours or so because i am so exhusted from the constant pain and lack of food intake.If not for the weight loss i think that the doctors would tell me that im faking it or something along those lines. my therey is that if i had started out thinner 5 month ago and was now emasiated the doc would be all over me because id look really sick...but becasue i could afford to lose the weight..im now average for my height, they dont seem too concerned. i cant keep living like this...i have collapsed at work several times from the level of pain and the other night i woke up on the foor of my hall way with my head in the tile floor in the bathroon, big goose egg on my temple, i guess i passed out on the way to the bathroom.. i remember the pain and nasea but have no idea how long i was there. if they find a reason for your pain please let me know PAM

Mmm sounds very similar. Ive only lost about 20 lbs... ish, but that puts me at 160.. very skinny. I too have had great doctors, and horrible ones in the ER. It really isnt fair, especially since they are the ones that cant figure it out. In the mean time, my doctor encourages me to go the ER for when things get ugly. Its tough because he doesnt want to prescribe anything heavy to keep me out of the emergency, yet the emergency is begining to get tired of seeing my face. I do have an appt on the 21st with a Vascular surgeon that my GI surgeon has refered me too. He will take a closer look at the SMA Syndrome which is all getting pretty confusing by now. In the mean time, ive chosen not too take percocet for the time being and have been trying cyclobenzaprine for the last 2 days. So far, other than making you so sleepy, it seems to really calm things down. Now in saying that, i havent had any bad flares of pain, so im undecided where i stand on it. Either way, i feel its better to try any options that are non-opiate. I too have had bad expierences at work, and have been on Long-term Disability now since June. If i finally get some answers PAM i will let you know! Good luck to you!

If anyone has any suggestions please post! However far fetched or common your opinion might be, i would like to hear it.

I found this forum by fluke, I have been having all the same symptoms that have been shared with all the tests (colonoscopy, sigmoidoscopy, gastric emptying scan, endoscopy) wth little to no answers, if anyone comes and visits this forum and has any suggestions that would be soo lovely.

I don't know if but you find something out - let me know. I'm in same boat only I have ZERO reasons for the pain, nausea and diarrhea. I've had CT Scan, (they did find a few renal aneurysms), full blood work up (slightly elevated Lypase level which lowered almost to normal within a week), endoscopy (nothing), colonoscopy (found 2 polyps but they were negative for cancer) and now... I'm months into this - $1000's of dollars in debt for testing and hospital and doctor bills and know absolutely nothing. Hmmm..... Very frustrated. My stomach hurts and gurgles after I eat and I typically wind up in the bathroom about 20 minutes after I eat. I can't eat out - too risky. Makes work trying at times. It's also inconvenient and embarrassing. I'm scared to eat anything sometimes and it's interfering with my life. Can't anyone help???