Hi All,

Am new to these open discussion forums, so hoping someone out there can help me or is going through something similar to me.

So here we go (sorry if details are to detailed but just hoping the more details will help get some advice).

27th December had a blighted ovum miscarriage was only 5 weeks 1 day, yesterday 3 weeks to the day from when I started miscarriage I had a little bit of blood red/pink in colour when wiped (only happened once with the red/pink) after using the bathroom since then is now only a brown discharge and don't get any when wiping. Used a tampon to gage the amount and it was only small and appears quite watery.

So since the miscarriage I was charting my ovulation and using ovulation predicator kits, I know that I ovulated around the 9th or 10th which means that the timing of the discharge could in fact be implantation bleeding (7 to 8dpo). But on the other hand I am not sure if this is what happens after a miscarriage.

Any advice would be grateful or anyone else that has been through this, we are hoping its implantation bleeding but not sure if it is the after effect of the miscarriage. We know we should have waited for one complete cycle before trying but I guess we were being selfish and wanted to be pregnant again as soon as we could.

Thanks

Hi honey! 1st sorry to hear about your loss!

2nd When you have a miscariage - or any other shock to the system, your periods and thus your ovulation can be a bit off! So it is DEFINITELY possible that this IS implantation bleeding! As you would have already ovulated - which also can cause a little bit of bleeding too! So we just might have a winner here!!!!

IF you haven't been taking prenatal vitamins, I want you to start now! Even IF you aren't pregnant, prenatal vitamins have been shown to dramatically increase your fertility! And of course the pills help with the developing fetus! I usually tell women to wait a good 21 days after possible conception - to give a REALLY good reading! And to provide enough HCG levels for any test to read! So if you can chart the days that are VERY possible, then wait for 21 days after that then take a test! Also IF your period doesn't come on by then, you can also go to your doctor to get a blood test - which shows just slightly earlier than a urine test!

Please let me know how you make out OK? FINGERS AND TOES CROSSED! And remember to start eating healthy and strop any smoking or drinking - both of you should OK? Good luck honey!

Thank you for your reply.

I am just confused as I don't really know if what I am experiencing is what is normal after a miscarriage, the doctor said should get a period in about 4 weeks, research shows from 4 to 6 weeks so what is happening now just doesn’t make sense. If in fact it is implantation bleeding how long does it last and what exactly does it look lile, as its now been 24 hours since I first seen anything.

We are really hoping it is implantation bleeding but am thinking it’s all to do with the miscarriage. What are the chances (if you know) of conceiving straight after a miscarriage before your next period, is the lining etc. all functional and ready for a baby.

I have been taking prenatal vitamins and folic acid since the miscarriage ended just getting the body ready in the hope we become successful again.

Thanks for listening it just helps getting out what you are thinking, because right now I am going out of my mind with thoughts and don’t think there is anything left for me to google 

Actually you are VERY VERY fertile after a miscarriage, abortion, or birth! Your body - the way I see it anyway - doesn't look at the sperm as an invader as much as it does after time! And is more "accomodating" to the sperm, egg and conception! As SOON as your lining sheds it starts building another - it's a CONSTANT process that is just there for the next round of life's cycle! Implantation bleeding doesn't always happen, but when it does, it is usually slight brown discharge - like you stated (not enough to soak a tampon etc) it is when there has been conception and the lining draws the embryo deeper into the lining, which makes some of it drop! When you have a regular period, the lining is almost fleshy, and then your hormones break it down into liquid! Thus women suffering a LOT of pain, when they have clots! And the BCP will make this easier too - by breaking down the clots!

Also another thing going for you is the fact that you HAVE been taking prenatal vitamins - which have also been proven to dramatically increase a womans fertility! So I think this is ALL looking good! And just keep in your mind to take it easy and be healthy and IF you aren't pregnant right now you WILL be eventually OK?

Thanks again for your advice.

So now I just have to wait and see if the brown discharge devlopes into a regualr period or stops :-), sorry one last question if it is in fact implantation bleeding how long can i expect it to last?

Thanks again

IT varies - basically on just how much lining there was and how much was displaced etc. Most only last a day or 2, and is NO WAY like a period! NOW IF the bleeding or spotting lasts longer than the 2 days you need to get to the hospital - as this can show signs of an etopic pregnancy! And also implantation bleeding happens differently for different women - some it's quite a bit, others they barely notice, others small amount, and also not at all! When is your actual period due?

Well because we didn't wait for normal period after the miscarriage before trying i am not sure when my period is due, only going off what my doctor told me when the miscarriage happen that I should get my period in about 4 weeks. This is why I am confused as to what this discharge is.

It has been 3 weeks since miscarriage began

Hi I'm in the exact same boat as you, just curious as to what the outcome was?x