Hi I am 44 years old female, and am mother of two grown up children. I’ve always had regular cycle that lasts 5 days and occurs on every 29 days. This time I’m being 7 days late. I have reason to thing that have conceived. As I know that chances are significantly less after the age of 40, I wonder if I should do urine pregnancy test or I have to do the blood test at the lab. I would be disappointed if it’d show to be menopause because of which I’m late!

If you are pregnant, pregnancy test would be positive no mater how old you are. But as you know that there are more risks carrying a baby in women over 40, it would be better to check it with your gyn. A friend of mine got baby when she was 48, and her daughter is very sweet, smart and healthy as it is the most important. I know many women that thought that were in menopause and it shown to be pregnant!