My last period ended october 21st and i havent had one since and its now december 28th ive taken 5 home pregnancy test but they all say negative. My body has been showing many signs of pregnancy like blue veins on chest, swollen/bloating, pains in my lower stomach, weight gain, magor lower back pain, shortness of breath, and feeling tired and weak and my breast feel and look bigger i had to get one up cup size on my bras. Ive gone to the doctor last month but they werent useful all they did was give me a pregnancy test and draw blood both nagative they couldnt help or tell me anything on how to make my periods come or what could be the problem. I have a 3 year old daughter so i know i can have more kids me and my partner have been trying for a year or so to have another our hopes keep getting shot down. Any advise on what could be going on with my body and why is it so much harder for me to get pregnant again

Hi abbjoh

If you take a pregnancy test and it comes back negative, there are several reasons why you might have a missed or delayed period, including:

• Increased Stress Levels – Stress is a common culprit of missed or delayed periods, especially because it interferes with hormonal signals from your brain. This can block ovulation, causing your cycle to break from its normal pattern.
  • Problems With Your Thyroid Gland – Like stress, issues with your thyroid gland can also affect your hormonal levels and result in a late period.
  • Issues With Weight – If you’re extremely overweight or underweight, you might experience missed or delayed periods on a regular basis.
  • Potential for Premature Menopause – This is extremely rare and unlikely, however it can’t be ruled out. Menopause occurs prematurely in some women. By getting tested for FSH in your blood on the third day of your cycle, you will be able to determine whether or not this unique situation is the cause of your missed or delayed periods.
  • Pregnancy is usually an exciting time for expectant parents. But pregnancy doesn't always end with the anticipated baby. In rare cases, a woman (or even a man) believes she is pregnant, only to find out that her symptoms were caused not by pregnancy, but by something else entirely.
  • False pregnancy, clinically termed pseudocyesis, is the belief that you are expecting a baby when you are not really carrying a child. People with pseudocyesis have many, if not all, symptoms of pregnancy -- with the exception of an actual fetus. This unusual condition accounts for one to six out of every 22,000 live births. In rare cases, even men can have a false pregnancy. Some men experience a related phenomenon known as couvade, or sympathetic pregnancy. They will develop many of the same symptoms as their pregnant partners, including weight gain, nausea, and backache.

May I suggest that you take a second opinion - visit another doctor for neccessary tests to confirm a pregnancy or reasons for late periods. Good luck