It has been 44 days since my last cycle. I only had unprotected intercourse (without ejaculation) on my 4th bleeding day.
I have a 28-30 cycle and the longest I have been was 36.
I took 2 HPTs the first week I was late, and another 2 the second week I was late, both turned out negative.
Last Thursday I had a Beta (blood pregnancy test) also came out negative).

I lost around 7 pounds since last period (less than a month because I had braces and my diet drastically changed, maybe that's what caused my sudden irregular period)

Are blood tests REALLY accurate?

THey are Pretty accurate. Specially after that long since intercourse. It could be your diet or even just the stress that is prolonging the start of your cycle. You could just skip this cycle all together. If you miss next month too then you need to see your Gyn because they can give you this medicaton that will jump start it again. Good luck and dont stress...This sort of thing happens...unless you have had sex again, since your encounter 40 days ago you are in the clear.

Button,

Thanks for replying.

I keep having doubts since I've read of some women that don't get to show positive after 2 months. Which is quite odd in my opinion.

I had some PMS symptoms a week and a half ago, and I don't know if they were really PMS or ovulation symptoms since they both sort of happen around the same time.

I thought I saw some spotting yesterday and even thought of the famous implantation spotting, but of course, there is no super-sperm than can live for a month.

I thought that if I don't get my period I might do another HPT in the week, I just can't wait for my period to come so that I can stop investing so much on tests.

EIther those woman are talking about cheap home pregnancy tests/ they were done incorrectly, or the lab REALLY messed up...I highly doubt you messed up two home tests (they are hard to mess up) and the lab just happened to make a mistake too or your not pregnant...its IMPOSSIABLE to be pregnant without HCG...granted, some tests check for higher levels than others but if you test 35-40 days past possiable conception (taking into account the amount of time sperm can possiably live) your hormones would be high enough for ANY test to show positive..

.the longest a blood test could take to show positive is 10 days past period due date..and that is testing for very high levels of hormone (not usually used anymore)
Implantation bleeding can occur up to around 12 days past conception but some woman can still have spotting during pregnancy due to hormone changes and even minor trama to your now sensitive insides...and sometimes the "implantation spotting" can take a few extra days to "expel" itself (what its from is the embryo attaching itself to your uterine wall and the residue might not "release" right away (making it more brown than red).

..There is a LOT to all of this and so many woman have pregnancy "scares" every month....only way you can prevent this is either to not have sex, use reliable contraception, and/or learn your body and learn it WELL- (you really only have 4 fertile days a cycle and only ONE of those 4 days is your chances of getting "fertilized" signifigant. AND even if you do get "fertilized" 25% of all fertilizations don't implant (that's why you rarely hear of a couple get pregnant the first month they try) With my first child I did get pregnant the first month off birth control...with my next it took me 4 years!!! Of course there are the lucky or "unlucky" ones that get pregnant any time they have unprotected sex but really its not as easy as you would think....Of course studies show that we have higher "libido's" when we are in this fertile time frame so that is probably why. I am rambling but I would just stop dwelling on it if I were you...(easier said than done, I know) its just going to prolong your cycle from starting....sit back and relax and take comfort in the fact you are probably not pregnant. Good luck.

Button,

Thanks for your reply, it was really an eye-opener. It has been 45 days today since my last cycle, and missing a period is like something of the womanhood is missing. I don't mind long periods, just not when I was not expecting them.

Today it has been a month and 10 days since last unprotected intercourse. HEH! If I were really pregnant it would have been noticed.

I just feel as I usually do a week later after the period.

Hello there Zylthae,

i read your postings from a year ago and thought maybe you could answer a couple of my questions. The thing is I have encountered the same situation: my period is seven days late, I had sex on the my ovulation day as we are trying to conceive, of course I thought right away I was pregnant, but the home test showed negative, so did the blood test. I'm concerned now with this absent period, because I need to calculate my ovulation and I have no idea where to start and how to measure it. What happened to you after you missed your period last year? Were you pregnant? When did it come back if you weren't?

Thanks!!!

Hi, i havent had a period since 14th may, which is very unlike me, me and my partner are trying to concieve and have regular sex. Its now the 19th july and still nothing, a little spotting but nothing worth while. I have now missed two periods, both home pregnancy test are negetive and my blood test results are negetive, what is up with me, can i be pregnant? im really not thinking about it as i know that could be why my periods are holding off. help please!

hi, i have had a few home pregnancy tests, they all say negative. i am getting really worried because i am really small and i have got a big bump! i have alot of symptoms of pregnancy. i have had my periods, but, the last two were.. really late... and i swear they were shorter :/ i have had a blood test done and am waiting for the results... if i am not pregnant i do not know what is wrong with me ...   :'( 

where you pregnant?

Hi i stoped usin birth control in march and i havent had a period sense march am two months late i don't feel pregnent my boobs hurt my stomche is getting hard i took 4 pragnecy tes and all came out negitive but went to the doctor she said i could be pragbent now am waiting for the blood tess what do you guys think am i