can anyone help me?!?!
im 17 years old, my periods have never been regular, so its normal for me to skip a month maybe two somtimes 3 months without a period. but then it went to 4 months then 5 and now its about to be 6 months with no period. im pretty sure i am not pregnant because i have protected sex usually everytime. i've taken 4 home tests one being unreliable because it was the ones with one line or two and the second was VERY faint. so i started buying the 1 line no and 2 lines yes and they were all negative. i have normal discharge and ive always had it before and after peiods, my boobs do seem a TINY bit bigger but that has happend to me before when im about to start my period. i dont reallly have any symptoms of being pregnant besides no period and about last month i was spotting...usually only when i wipe there'd be redish/light pink ONLY when i wipe. at another point i had light brown spotting for a day or two. the last home test i took was about 3 weeks ago which would be about 5 1/2 months with no period and it was negative. is it possible i could still be pregnant with a test negative this long without a period or am i just being paranoid? i've been stressing myself so much that it might even be delaying my period even more. plus i'm very skinny 125 lbs and 5'10" and play two varsity sports year round so i've heard tall skinny athletic girls are normal to have very irregular periods. i have a gyno appointment next week but i cant think about anything but this. its really affecting my life right now because i've been so scared and stressed. somebody please give me some advice or thoughts!
thanks

spotting can be associated with implantation bleeding. it usually lasts a day or 2 and is very light. keep in mind some women dont even get implantation bleeding. you have no symptoms but theres still a chance that you could be. some women dont get symptoms for a while. but 51/2 months without a period i doubt you could be pregnant. you would be big if you were pregnant. but sometimes theres a such thing as false negative if you are early on in a pregnancy you can get a false negative because your HCG levels arent high enough to be detected. Try buying the E.P.T tests that says "pregnant" or "not pregnant" i dont trust the line pregnancy tests. luckily you are going to a dr.

yeah i wondered about implantation bleeding but i read around and it says that it occurs sometime soon after your become pregnant and the spotting occured months after i didn't get my period. and i didnt take my first home test until 3 months after i didnt get my period because it wasnt unsual for me to go a few months. my took a test at 4 months, 5 months and just recently about 3 weeks ago and they were all negative..so yeah if i were pregnant i feel like id definitely be showing by now and a home test would show positive by this time.
i know but my appointment was last month and i had to cancel because i had a game and then i had an appointment today but my doctor was sick so im scheduled for next wednesday but i cant wait any long! im going crazy

the waiting game sucks. but you prob arent pregos. as for why its happening i cant really tell you. its unusual to go that long without one so hopefully your drs can determine the cause.

yeah welll i've been told for my figure and age and not having regular periods in the first place its not uncommon. of course theres obviously something wrong though. im probably gunna go buy another home test just to settle my nerves until next week but its a pain that i have to keep buying them. thanks though!

yea get E.P.T or First Response.

haha all four of the ones i've already taken were those two. i got clear blue this time...the one that says "pregnant" or "not pregnant"...do you think itll work just as good? im taking first thing in the morning.
also i've been on and off sick for awhile. i go to school at 7 am straight to soccer practice til 5 then come home and do homework. i dont have alot of down time and dont get alot of sleep...do you think this could affect my cycle at all? i always feel tired and run down!

clearblue is good to. that could play a role in your period, because you are constantly on the run and dont get alot of sleep and school can be stressful and stress and all this could cause it to be late.

took it first thing this morning. NEGATIVE! ha. thanks a bunch though you dont even know how much you settled my nerves. im in alot better mood and im sure itll be an an ever better one once i find out whats going on next week. thanks a ton!

np. hopefully the drs can tell you even more. :-)

by the way if anyone was having the same problem...
i went ot the obgyn and everything was normal. she said it wasnt usnual for me someone as athletic, tall and skinny like me to have a very irregular cycle but it was also unhealthy so she gave me a 2 week perscription to get it and soon enough i did!
im going back tomorrow for a checkup and to get bc to regulate it. thanks for all the help!