can you give me some information on how to treat my sinusitis for long term?

Celebrity
If you have the chronic sinusitis, that persists 3 months or more, you should visit your ENT for the appropriate treatment. In this case, antibiotics don’t help much in the long run as they target bacteria which are not really the cause of chronic sinusitis. Depending on the symptoms, you may use anti histamines, nasal steroid sprays, over-the-counter medications and salt water nasal washes may help you relieve the symptoms but will not cure the inflammation. So if you do not respond to medications, I think that the long term treatment for the sinusitis would be the surgery which includes enlarging the narrow sinus passage or removing bone or nasal polyps that block the passage which will result in better drainage of the sinuses and make infection less likely. You should ask your ENT what would be the best option for you after he has examined you. Wish you luck.

Personally I would strongly recommend trying out a lot of gentler solutions long before considering a serious action like surgery. For many centuries people who suffer from sinus symptoms have done nasal irrigation, using devices such as neti pots. Nowadays you can use a more sophisticated spray like Sinox, which comes with a convenient dispenser and uses a high-tech formula containing engineered salts, carbonates, and surfactants which safely and effectively cleanse the sinuses. I am just trying Sinox now, and in my experience it makes me feel dramatically better. You can try out a number of different approaches to find out what works best for you!