I had a hiatal hernia repair and the Nissen Fundoplication surgery Jan. 2011. One I recovered from the surgery, I felt so wonderful. After 9 months, my GERD symptoms returned. My doctor put be back on my original meds and it got the GERD under control. Now it's June 2012 and I've started having severe GERD and violent esophageal spasms. Has anyone experienced a failed Nissen procedure many months later? I feel like I may have esophageal stricture and possibly my hiatal hernia has come back. WORRIED!!

I am so glad I saw this post...Wish someone would write a response...I have had the same things going on also after my nissen surgery.  I am getting all the same symptoms back and am a little scared....Any ideas....

I had a nissen in July 2012. Until late Nov `12 I was symptoms free and then it started again one night at dinner and it has been awful since then. I had a baryum swallow in Mar `13 which apparently showed some reflux. I say apparently since this was just the radiologist comment immediately after the procedure. I haven't seen the surgeon again. I will see him in late May after a gastroscopy in mid May. I am worst than I was before the surgery.