I know that one of the A-fib complications is heart failure related but I am now curious is my father at more serious risk of getting heart failure or even a stroke if his last condition were actually described as A-fib with heart blockage which condition was determined these days while on catherization. He is still in hospital and I am afriad all this could end up fatal so I would appreciate now to hear what are real prognosis on A-fib with heart blockage? Thanks!

I think the only way out of this A-fib with heart blockage condition is having some bypass inserted and also coumadin treatment is usually prescribed in such cases. My dad had the same problem last year and since more of his heart blockage were in fact in his arteries located he was treated with some meds and after stopping taking coumadin he was also installed a defibrilator. Anyway even after this treatment that was suppose to fix this A-fib with heart blockage and it really had helped in restoring his heart rhythm to normal he is still prescribed anticoagulants for life.