My dad was diagnosed recently with myocarditis and as I understood this condition is related to hypokinesis so now I am curious what hypokinesis is and how this condition is being treated if it is treatable anyway. I know that being diagnosed with myocarditis means that there is something wrong with his heart and I would like to know the risk of getting some heart attack could be reduced. Thanks!

Hypokinesis is basically a condition characterized by slowness and diminished muscle movements in general but if it is about myocarditis than in your dad's case hypokinesis is his heart muscle related for being diagnosed with mycocarditis actually means having an heart inflammation which may easily result in heart failure due to hypokenesis of its heart muscle which makes it weak actually and slowing it down in pumping up blood. Anyway myocarditis is usually viral infection and if left untreated it may lead to blood clotting causing stroke or heart attack. Anyway I suppose your dad is already prescribed proper treatment to reduce this hypokenesis of his heart muscle and the treatment depends on the severity of myocarditis but also regarding the fact whether it is viral or bacterial origin. My dad was diagnosed once with mild mycarditis characterized with temporary heart muscle hypokinesis and though it was caused by some bacterial infection he was prescribed some antibiotics and is now doing ok.

My recent nuclear stress test resulted in a conclusion of 1. "Small to moderate size apico-septal wall ischemia & 2. Gated spect w midly decreased ventricular function of 48% w hypokinesis most marked in the apical wall".  Does this mean I have a 48% blockage of a coronary artery? If noit, can yoiu explain what these conclusions mean  & if another catherization (& possible stent) is called for? 

I'm a male, 65 yrs. old, w history of a (mild) heart attack 9 yrs ago resulting in stent #1 & stent #2 about 18 months later (due to restinosis). I'm currently taking 50mg Metoprolo, 75mg Plavix, 81mg enteric aspirin & 40 mg Crestor a day.  I feel fine but realize I need to lose about 30 lbs.

Thanks, In Advance.