I am 44 and I just had a heart catheteriztion and it showed (hope I word this right) left main 20% blocked, LAD prox 50% blocked, and small distal LAD <1.5mm 50% blocked. How severe is this type of blockage and is it treated with medication or some type of surgical procedure? I was also wondering if someone with this type of blockage can stop a heart attack in their future.

Hi there, as far as I can tell that you could have some sort of surgical procedure to have it removed but since it's 50% blocked I'm not sure if they'd want to take it out yet. Does anyone else have something similar?

Way back in the last century, when I was only 55, I had bypass surgery.
When I was in the emergency room after the catheterization, the doc told me I had 4 blocked arteries. When I had the surgery a couple days later at a different hospital, they did 6 bypasses. Of course my question was, why the difference? They told me they found some others that needed to be done. My next question was what is the criteria for needing to be done? They said while they're in there, they do any that are more than 50% blocked.

Apparently 50% wouldn't get you on the table in the first place, but it does get fixed if you are already there.

Why did you have a cath in the first place? I didn't think they did that unless you have some serious symptoms that make them suspect some blockages. Around here a cath isn't part of any preventive medicine. It is my understanding there would not be any particular symptoms from a 50% blockage.