A few days ago I noticed I had a stuffy nose, but now I'm having trouble breathing and my lungs really hurt. Not to mention my throat is super dry and I feel like there's phlegm or something stuck in my throat, I can eat and drink though. Also, my heart is beating a bit faster than usual it feels like its beating in my throat. I'm really afraid of going to sleep and suffocating.. I can take a deep breath even though it hurts. Can lack of sleep be the cause of all this? because I haven't really lately, like 3-4 hours each day. or Is it an infection or something? I just want to be eased enough to sleep, like I said I'm really afraid...

Hello there MissMiss,

Have you considering checking your condition with your GP? My best friend has absolutely same symptoms and she has been diagnosed with anxiety and panic attacks. Unfortunately, in most cases the symptoms are starting as physical symptoms and unable to sleep is the most common sign of psychic problems.

If you don’t treat this it could get even worse. But of course there is chance that I am wrong and that you have some ordinary flu, but the symptoms are way too severe for something like common flu. You should visit your position and see what is his opinion about your condition. Once, you have been diagnosed with the right diagnosis you can start treatment.