I have been reading from this site for a few weeks now and thought I would give it a shot. I am a 46 year old women . I have a 19 year old son and an 8 yr. old daughter. For years I have had a problem with excess gas and bloating. But for the last few months I have had this constant feeling of abdominal fullness and dull back pain in my lower back. I have gone to the Doctors and she gave me zelnorm for IBS. The medication does seem to relieve the symptoms somewhat. I have been taking them for about a month or so. But I do still get these days when the fullness and sometimes gassy feeling is just always there. Should I start to worry???

I have a similar problem, which a plastic surgeon just told me is being caused by a separation of my abdominal muscles from my two pregnancies years ago (my youngest child is also 8 years old). The separation is big enough that the connecting tissue is very thin and weak, which causes a hernia effect, where the intestines and stomach press outwards, causing a feeling of fullness and discomfort. Back pain is apparently a common symptom, too, though in my case I get the problems more up front -- I have a lot of air getting trapped in my stomach, probably because the stomach isn't resting in the shape and position it's supposed to. Anyway, this may or may not be your problem, but it's something to consider.

well, I have been reading on this site for a few weeks now, and I had a C-section 2 years ago, I had triplets. Since then I have had combination of diarrhea, constipation, anxiety attacks. It has gotten worse in the last year. I have been to several doctors had a CT scan that turned out fine. I just had ultrasound and HIDA scan on gallbladder,but I wont get results until Wed. I have never heard about this possibility but it makes sense. I live in a small town where I dont seem to get a whole lot of help. What did the plastic surgeon suggest?

I think you should conteact a GYN STAT

Most pregnancies leave a woman with a hernia .. separation of the abdominal muscles. some heal better than others. Basically.. the bigger the space, more likely to have gas, bloating.. the space is there for it to collect.. talk to your dr about repairing the hernia if it is that bothersome. Don't just let it go!!